Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
Dear LI Community!

A lot has been said and a lot has been written on salary of Top tier law firms and salary of Tier 2-3 law firms. But, one thing that is always missing is the salary variation between Disputes and corporate departments. Generally, disputes team in a law firm does not pay that much as that of let's say GC or M&A or Capital Markets for that matter.

So, let's share some actual insights of how much does an entry level dispute resolution lawyers working at a firm earn? And what is their eventual growth. The firms can be top tier, tier 2 or even boutique firms. But, there has to be a law firm.
Additionally, one can also share tips of cracking disputes team PPO interviews for all the freshers out there (try to speak from personal experience only) as this question is not much answered on other threads.

Note: Please don't start sharing litigation chambers salary or give opinions about why lit is better than dispute or vice versa. Let's keep it a healthy discussion
I am a senior associate in a disputes team in SAM Mumbai. I know I'm paid at the higest level of the relevant band (ie there won't be any associate in a corporate team at the same level as me who's paid more than me). The only difference could be in the bonus amount. My team has consistently done more than 200% of our team target, so we have received 200% of the allocated variable component, which once again is the highest one can get in SAM.

So, in short, there is no difference between corporate and disputes salary at SAM Mumbai. However I don't know about other firms.
As a corp monkey in WFH, what actually happens in the disputes team? whats the nature of work?
Could you please share your salary. What is the fixed and variable component ?
5 LPA as an A2 in a typical Bombay old school, small Seth-type Gujju/Parsi directed Sol firm.