Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
If I join a tier 1 law firm after working in a smaller law firm for a year then will I be paid much lesser than the colleagues who are at the same level?
CAM/SAM/AZB definitely do this, ie paying people at the same level differently. Trilegal claims to not do this, but actually achieves the same outcome by slottoing them at lower bands. As an A2, I had a colleague at my level who had been working in a tier 2/3 firm for 4years before joining Trilegal.
Is the pay at a level fixed for all associates? I know overall pay taking into account the bonus might differ from person to person depending on their performance but is the base pay the same? So do all A2s in the firm have the same fixed base pay?

Also, if then a lateral joins at A2, they'll have the same base pay as other existing A2s right? I think you're conflating two different things. OP is referring to what I said above. What you're referring to is the pay disparity due to discounting of experience, which is a different matter. The person you're talking about - regardless of the fact that he joined with PQE of 4 years so should've been an SA - he joined as A2 so at least he must still be paid equal as other existing A2s right?