Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
I'm from NLUD. Faculty is overall average. It definitely used to be really well until a few years ago. Most of the best ones have left now. The faculty for core courses is okay but the seminar courses and the instructors in the last 2 years can be excellent.
The faculty for the mandatory courses can range from average to great. Mostly I would say it's good but can be improved for a few subjects.

The faculty for seminar courses is amazing. This is one area where NLUD enjoys its locational advantage.
As Guest pointed out, the seminar faculty is brilliant. Even in your early years (maybe from second year), please try to mail seminar faculty and go and attend their classes (time permitting), it is a brilliant experience.

In your first year, Anup and Sophy are brilliant. It is cool to [...] Sophy, but she is a really good instructor (I have my own problems with her, but she is good). Neeraj is decent for Crim and Mukul is not bad, but compared to what we had with Mrinal, Neeraj, and Mukul teaching, this pales in comparison. Prasannanshu isn't great but his course is actually vv good. It took me after graduation to realise that we had Ambedkar, Gandhi, and a bunch of really good literature in his course. Do pay attention and actually read his course, it is nice. Maheshwar knows sooo much but he is too chill, but if you go and interact with him I am sure he has a ton of knowledge to impart to you. Ritu's Socio course is alright, but it gives you introductory material for a lot of things in socio, even if it is not a very deep course.

Second year is a scam. VK's Poverty course is caustic and is problematic for sure, but if you are a privileged urban kid, do give him the benefit of doubt and listen to what he has to say (not saying you should tolerate all of his bs, but he definitely has important things to say which we should learn). If you want to chill and try out herbs, second year is the best for it.

Third year - Sophy is alright, and while it seems like JSM doesn't teach much, I am surprised by how much I can recollect from his admin law course. If you put in the effort and read some textbook or commentary, it is actually an interesting area of law. I wish you have Aparna (who you won't) or Anup, but if you get Anupama you will be bored and will barely learn anything in Constitutional law. She gets cool project work (like from the Election Commission), so if that is an area of interest you could use it. You are likely to fall asleep in JSD's CPC or Evidence course but man, I wish I had stayed awake and learnt properly. Ruhi's pre-midsem ADR is bleh but she actually knows a lot of law and I wish I had paid more attention. Punj is decent for Juris and I can actually recall quite a lot of what she taught. I hope Danny teaches you parts of Juris or Arbitration, but he probably won't. Do take consultations with him because he is really smart.

Fourth Year and Fifth Year - Seminars are great, please take the hard, cool, interesting seminars and not some scam seminar with a guaranteed O. AKR has 2 hard courses but he is brilliant and is probably the best person in terms of knowledge. HK is not bad for Corp law but she could do much better. Cyber law is a scam. Depending on who you get IPR will be brilliant. I am so jealous of the batch who had both Arul and YP teach IPR. Tax is bleh, but Jasper is a really nice person so I can't trash talk him.

Overall, its a fantastic experience, I hope you have a fun ride.
The way you are saying sophy anup neeraj mukul as if they are your batchmates shows how good ths college is. No respect for anyone. They are much older and much experienced than you, show some respect. Taking names does Not make you cool.
You dug up a more than one-year old thread just to comment this nonsense? If anything, this is a good thing since it shows that there isn't some cheap culture of hierarchies at NLUD. Probably why NLUD grads are more progressive and forward-thinking rather than whatever trashy place produced the likes of you.
I don't understand why my original comment got censored, My original comment said something along the lines of it is considered cool to talk ill of Sophy (I don't remember the language - but I believe it was civil), but she is a good teacher...