Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
While applying to law firms is fairly easy, the process for applying for internships in companies remains unknown to me. There is no contact point or email through which one can apply to the legal department. The website of the companies only enlists openings for open positions. Hence, a student with no contacts is left to wonder the proper communication strategy to apply for in-house internships.
Also, would sending a text to the GCs on LinkedIn help (obviously not begging for internship but rather asking for his email to send my CV across)?
In general, don't apply for in house internships unless it is for a specific company which you are sure you want to work for. Any such company would definitely have a detailed process for internships. In house internships reduce optionality so better to do law firm ones even if you are sure that you prefer in house roles.
I would suggest you to focus on law firm internships only. My experience of corporate internship is not great. You will either asked to do research on irrelevant topics just to keep you busy. And finally, you will never get opportunity to work with GCs and if you intern in-house, you will be mostly dealing with junior lawyers in the team.

Such internships will not help either if you aspire to have career in law firm (in my view, it is not a good idea to start your career in-house).
Dont do it. I was an intern in one of the big listed Indian Companies. Never got any quality work which would help me learn. Most of the work given to me was of Compliance nature i.e something done by Company Secretaries.
I still want to do internship in big listed companies can you please help me with that.