Read 37 comments as:
Filter By
No way that's true because it would put them ahead of places like NLUJ. While GNLU is improved over few years it will be a miracle if they have 52 in a pandemic year
I confirmed it from someone. It's true. I have firm wise break up with me.Can share here if you want
[img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rMhxTbJoC9Ia1tZqnfhloF0BjNZQgVAY/view?usp=sharing[/img]

See, it for yourself here. I have snipped an image of the email that we received from our Placement coordinator today morning. If you do not even believe this, ask any 2022 batch student at GNLU.

Don't speak before you know.
Out of 52 offers, 34 have been accepted. Counting, 15 PPOs, 49 Students already placed.
Didn't know Argus and Vedanta count as tier one offers these days. But a good job. Care to mention how many students actually got jobs? I'm guessing some of the offers would have been made to the same people.
NLUJ would count some Robert half legal and a few other small unknown firms as Day zero jobs. None has any problem.

Argus and Vedanta both have promised 12 LPA+ package to GNLU students. Also, work life balance is much much better at Vedanta. Proper 9-5 job, accommodation facility available and a very good pay.
LI threads for NLUJ/NUJS placements are always frothing at the mouth even for 8lpa packages with half of it hidden under variables, but GNLU lands Vedanta jobs and suddenly it's too hoi polloi for the gentry here.
Official RCC figure is 52 + 15 (PPOs). CAM with 19 leads the count, Khaitan has 10.
This is the breakdown of the placement stats of GNLU after Day Zero.
Be vary that this is excluding all the Banks, other firms, PSUs and companies that usually hire from GNLU and pay a very competitive salary (10-14 LPA). So the total number would be a lot bigger than this. This is just for the top firms.

1. CAM: 3 PPOs and 16 Offers
2. Khaitan: 4 PPOs and 6 Offers
3. Trilegal: 8 Offers
4. SAM: 7 Offers
5. Saraf and Partners: 4 Offers
6. L&L Partners: 3 Offers
7. IndusLaw: 1 PPO and 5 Offers
8. Argus: 3 Offers
9. S&R: 3 PPOs
10. TT&A: 3 PPOs

Total PPOs: 17
Total Day Zero Offers: 52

As for the batch size argument, a lot of students don't sit for placements because they are interested in Judiciary (Specifically in Rajasthan & Delhi), many prepare for UPSC and other exams (for MBA and various other govt posts) and many eventually join the family litigation setup or start out as first generation litigators. ( GNLU also offers a need based scholarship which provides students with monthly remuneration when you're starting out as an independent practitioner).

Also, one can legitimately thank the director for really focusing on the public perception and network of the university. He can be said to be a "contributory force" in this entire saga.

Thank you and have a nice day. See you in the Top 5 of the NIRF rankings.
Can you share how Vedanta gave out the PPOs?
I am aiming for these in-house roles and would be great if I can get any insight !
A lot of the offers were to the same people. Some got 7, some got 4 - so doesn't count for much stats wise.
Hey, maybe stop shitting on everything everywhere? That's how offers work everywhere, that's literally their very nature. You're not unearthing some massive scam, it's literally what it is
Donno how credible but someone from gnlu'22 twitted this https://twitter.com/SumantVedant/status/1422867300429058048?s=19
Btw what's this Vedanta lmt doing on day zero with tier 1 firms.
Why would this guy put it up publically?? He's just made the rest of his batchmates who aren't placed yet lose out on placements. This is why top NLUs keep recruitment stats a secret till the entire batch is placed.
Have you been inside a law school in your life? That's not how anything works.
Of course it is. If firms knew that the top 40-50 of the batch is already placed, why would they come for the remaining part of the batch. For them it's similar to having only the leftover candidates. NLS/NALSAR/NUJS/NLUJ never release placement stats till everyone is placed.
The break up is as follows:
CAM 19
KCO 10
Trilegal 8
SAM 7
Saraf & P 4
L&L 3
Induslaw 6
S&R 1
TTA 2
Argus 3
Vedanta 4
Most of the offers were to the same students so they ended up getting lapsed. Only 32 students eventually got placed and the remaining 20 offers, out of the 52, lapsed.

As regards the argument that a very small fraction of the batch actually sits for placement isn't right for this batch in particular. 117 students sat for placements on day zero. Only 32 got placed. 32/117
117 students registered for the placements, that is not just for law firms but includes Litigation chambers, Corporate house roles, PSUs etc. Not all of them applied for the firms coming on Day zero, many were simply not interested. Most number of students registered for CAM/SAM and the number was not more than 70 even for these firms.

May students would apply on Day 1 for Corporate houses/smaller firms. Also, 15 students got the PPOs. Did you forget to count them?
Firstly, the PPO recipients are told to back out of the entire process so no the 117 wouldn't include them.
Secondly, the recruitment cell itself doesn't disclose how many student sat for each form. Unless you are in the cra yourself in which case thanks for spilling this bit of info you weren't supposed to.
Lastly, the people who didn't get it-barring 10-15 of them- aren't really aiming for the PSUs you speak of. However, yes they'll have to settle for it eventually.
The sole purpose of this isn't to shame gnlu but to let you know that this year wasn't some kind of miracle. In total, 47 got placed and that's a benchmark we've reached earlier also. This whole OMG 52 OFFERS narrative isn't serving anyone.
If you don't include PPO students, there were certainly not more than 100 people opting for placements. And who the f*** are you to decide what kind of job people want??

There are so many in GNLU who want to have a decent work life balance which PSU/Corporate Houses etc. provide along with a decent pay.

Many had accepted Vedanta Ltd. PPO even before day zero. They could have strived for Tier 1 placements during Day zero but they did not. They were happy getting 12 LPA and still having a life unlike law firm associates.

Also, 117 is the list of students which also includes those students who are interested in joining litigation chambers with the help of college committee. Now, many others would get placed with banks/PSUs/Corporates which are yet to come.

Simply, because you didn't get placed, stop belittling the college. Work hard next time and get yourself placed. Tier 1 jobs don't come in a platter for anyone.
47/49 are already placed. Many other firms/banks are already lined up. You must have been rejected by the firms, so you are taking out your frustration here. Don't worry, it happens. You should have better studied earlier, then venting out here.
Hello troll, kindly read my response to 10.1. That ought to give you some context. I am not trying to undermine your institution or its students' reputation. All I'm trying to say here is that we all aren't as brown-nosed as you are.
As someone who is not from GNLU, I would just like to generally comment that their new Director appears to be quite pro-active in terms of doing good work for the university and ensuring proper outreach etc. I have seen that in terms of the multiple programmes that they have been holding, collaborations, and other activities. I will not engage in any institutional comparison, but if this keeps continuing, then GNLU is likely to benefit considerably in the long run. Maybe some of the other NLU administrations should learn something from this. There is no dearth of talent in the NLUs, but the administration often fails to harness it to achieve maximum potential.
As a 2020 GNLU pass-out, I can attest to how much difference good administration can make. GNLU students (as with any other NLU, I am not making this a competition) are smart, hardworking and driven, and the university is wealthy as it gets, yet it has been sitting in the sidelines for too long because of poor leadership. With the new Director, there has been monumental change. LI threads that used to be filled with negative feedback for GNLU in the past, rightfully so, are not discussing record breaking placements in a pandemic year. He has been accessible, communicative and mostly seems to put student interests above all else so far, and the results are now speaking for themselves.

More NLU students need to put pressure on their respective admin heads to act for the best interest of the organisation.