Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
I am from a tier 2 law school in Mumbai currently in 4th year. I've always wanted to work in London/NY firms but also aware of the fact that the law school plays a BIG role in the initial thrust. Thus, I plan on getting considerable work experience in India before trying for the "City Law firms (london/NY)". Is this a strategy to go by? And if yes, which field or practice facilitates moving out? I've heard B&F, Cap Marks are two of the most popular among the Indians moving abroad.
Are you from mnlu?If then yes you could just go ahead and apply for the vacation schemes and try your luck?
Nah. NMIMS Mumbai. I'm pretty sure getting Vac Schemes while being from NMIMS would be pretty tough.
Really tough. Been there, done that.
Nai hoga. Best shot, work for a few years and then go abroad or probably do a masters abroad.
Yeah that's what I thought of too.
But my main doubt was which area of practice makes it easier to venture out. As I said Cap Marks (Singapore and UK) and B&F (UK and US) seem to be the most popular. I'm in my 4th year and hence need to channelise my efforts accordingly.
Field doesn't matter too much at this stage, LLM will make a bigger difference.