Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
Calling out judiciary as shitty is NOT contempt. Obstructing judicial proceedings or disobeying judicial orders IS contempt. Gosh, what are law schools teaching these days...
Boss, have you read law of contempt? Clearly not. :-P

Maybe you are getting confused between Civil and Criminal Contempt?

Law school me contempt syllabus me nahi hota, and law firm me aap law to karte nahi.

If nothing, just read the Prashanth Bhushan judgment by Arun Mishra. You can skip Arun Mishra's portion and read the extracts from relevant case laws that have been cited.

My two cents to everyone here: Do consider splitting time between LiveLaw and Legallyindia's comment section. Will help you avoid such faux pas in future. :-)

[@LI, technically, you shouldn't moderate since you didn't moderate 2 above]
Prashant Bhushan judgement is an abomination and travesty. It may be printed on ledger paper and [...]
This article is about retired judges and sitting judges doing non judicial functions. How can the law of contempt even apply? Reading and not understanding cases may be more dangerous than not reading cases.
Has Dam made it his mission to piss off retired judges? Not sure it's a smart move
it might just show his courage instead of anything else. not many scholars are doing this kind of research. so kudos to him but also to caravan for publishing this stuff
This was an excellent article, the very definition of interdisciplinary analysis. Law schools should teach it. It's definitely NOT contempt
If you could identify what aspects amount to contempt in your opinion, it'd be easier to discuss. The blanket assertion with no substantive reasoning/analysis doesn't make for a good talking point.

In any case, don't see what's contemptuous in calling out lack of judicial activism or outreach.
Let me help you out. No this is not contempt for obvious reasons. The article mostly seems to talk about retired judges and so they cannot be part of the contempt thing.
Is anyone able to share a copy of the full article on a link somewhere? Thanks