Read 36 comments as:
Filter By
Meaning a special Tinder for NLU students/grads only and a website/ap like IIT-IIMShaadi.com for seeking matrimony. Is this a commercially viable idea? It will be restricted to NLUs to keep it exclusive, to keep the number of users manageable and to have like-minded people only.
No dude, please no. Everyone knows everyone and imho we need to start dating outside the NLU pool, it's getting more closed and toxic anyway.
The morals and cringe-worthiness of this aside, the law community is too tiny for this to become meaningful. Network effects can't exist with like few thousand people graduating every year.

Also, in most of your 'top' law schools this will be considered super trashy and you cannot have word of mouth marketing (word of mouth would probably work against you).

I hope you don't make this a product boss. Agar kuch banana hai to acha banao, so many problems within the legal community that you can solve (as a profitable scalable start-up). Good luck.
Will there be a caste system based on NIRF? e.g. NALSAR guy seeking hookup with girl from NIRF top 10 NLU?
The nlu caste system will be portrayed even in the dowry demands

NLS, nalsar, NUjs - 1 crore + Swift desire

Nlu delhi, rgual, hnlu, Bhopal - 30 lakhs + second hand scooter

Jabalpur nlu, Assam nlu - Aurangabad - give 2 crore to get a girl to stay with u in a jangal.
I can't understand how NUJS is placed in the same bracket as NLSIU and NALSAR after three NIRF rankings in a row have made clear what the hierarchy is.
You are absolutely correct. You cannot understand. Mostly because you never studied at any of these places.
Here's a secret - no one cares about NIRF. Not law firms, not lawyers or judges, not magic circle, not even universities hiring academicians, not a singular person except for coaching centres who prey on students seeking this "ranking knowledge". In the actual legal community, NLS-NALSAR-NUJS-NLUD are seen very much on par with each other.

IIT Kharagpur is ranked 4th in the nirf law rankings. That's all you need to know about how useless it is as a metric. (I'm from nalsar, not from NUJS, in case you were assuming bias.)
Hey,for real are you sure magic circle firms don't care about tier 1 and tier 2 nlus??? The difference?????
Usually people without any achievement of their own in life exhibit such thinking.
Please, NO. Added my college in my info section on a dating app once and 90% of my matches were lawyers then for some reason, like ffs
Can confirm. Had my law school on my bio and the matches were almost exclusively other law students.

It was sad af, but removing it would mean zero matches (yes I know this is sadder) so I had to just play along lol
Good idea for ones interested. We anyway don't have time because of work, and dating within the firm is wierd, unless it's CAM I guess. Would be nice to find matches from other NLUs
CAM encourages nuptials between colleagues. Saves the cost of one extra sangeet.
Or Kian could just host a mingle for single lawyers. Oh the egos in one room!
It is hilarious how a survey about a dating app has yet again been reduced to a longtime desire to equate NALSAR, NLU-D and NUJS with NLS...loll. The fact that one is having to try and prove this to the world ...
It was not a survey. It was an effort to stoke the superiority complex of trolls from NLSIU beyond its current monumental size.
Yuck, most people (including myself) are put off by the thought of dating our own kind - NLU grads and corporate / law firm lawyers for me.
M7 business school have an internalised dating system - tier 1 nlus unofficially have this