Read 51 comments as:
Filter By
Am an A0 at L&L (Joined a month ago). Can confirm that Khushboo called and tried to poach us all at the same salary package - said bonus may be higher though.
Saraf & Partners got rejected at NLUJ Day Z. Nobody who was offered Saraf & Partners took it.
LMAO,
they are desperate and soon the firm is at the verge on losing out early.
L&L is working as if nothing occurred and s&p is just looking naive in the market out there.
we have chosen in fact Tier-II firms prior to S&P, even with that bait of 16LPA.
I am sure if people opt for s&p over AZB/SAM/CAM/KHAITAN/TRILEGAL will regret it big time.
It would make sense to join - they are making partners of those who have 5-6 years, so freshers will at least become Senior Associates in a couple of years. And Sarafs ego will ensure that he has to pay at same level as Luthra.
I mean Tri pays close to 16.5L for an A0, and S&P pays 16 (including the signing bonus) for A0s.
My friend from Jindal just got an offer from S&P however he had been interning at l&l (under a now S&P partner) since pre-breakup era so it’s complicated
Lost 2 hours of my life [...]. Mind numbingly boring session. Will be sending a bill to S&P for my time - attending their talk was the biggest mistake of my life. Rambled on and on. Don't think any one from NLS is going to join them. There are better places to work out there. I'd rather join ELP or HSA than Saraf and Partners. Apparently, [...], according to some of my seniors.
So true. The same happened at NLUJ. 2 hours of just plain rambling & if you refer to my comment (6) - they really got rejected at NLUJ’s Day Z - they offered jobs to 4-5 people, none of them took it.
Same happened at NLUD. 80% of the session was just dissing and throwing shade at Luthra. It honestly seemed funny - imagine big law partners desperately trying to convince random uninterested law students that they're the real deal and the best in business and ranting on and on about L&L
This seems very relatable with last parliamentary election where some of the newly emerged leaders were dissing Modi while Modi giving zero f about them in his speeches. Who emerged victorious is known to everyone. L&L is continuing like nothing happened and nobody at L&L is bothered about these guys, and on the contrary S&P folks can still not get over L&L. They seriously need to move on! LOL
Tell me about it!!! Just fried for 2 hours!
Saraf thought we would care for the fact that he got an NLS alumnus Raghuvender to appear for him at the fag end of his High Court round with Mr Luthra. Went on about how this guy had done so well with the opportunity that was given and that he (Saraf) had single handedly made him a litigation star on par with Abhishek Singhvi.
I think that pretty much killed any chance of anyone from NLS joining him either.
Same happened at GNLU. They offered jobs to 4-5 people but only 1 is taking it
Apparently they were also condescending towards the students and even cold called them to ask questions and in general had a very holier than thou attitude. They also dissed L&L cause apparently that was very integral to their enlightening session.
Old character attributes never change. Mohit and most of those who have now joined his melee were always condescending to one and all. Ask anyone who has worked with him or any of the other partners. They think no end of themselves. Humility and compassion is a concept that is absolutely alien to all of them. Why would anyone join them then?

Oh and as for the money being dished out... well the sums he managed to extricate from RKL/ take on loan in the name of the new firm (allegedly) will run out eventually.

Two years before this circus implodes and those who deserted RKL come back home!
Are there chances that he may have to refund a big chunk of what he received from RKL? That too with interest. Lol
What is the hiring process like. Is there a GD or direct interview with the shortlisted candidates?
Its funny how freshers here are dissing on the facts like how many didn't accept the offers.

In a country where anyway the young lawyers are not paid well, we have 2 firms in place of 1 increasing the demand for Associates with a competitive pay. This should make us happy that atleast we have 1 more place to send our CVs to.

People have given examples of NLUJ and GNLU grads not accepting the offers from S&P. Is there a single one of them who only had 1 offer from a single firm (ie S&P) and is rejecting it? If yes, then there may be a need for some introspection for S&P. But if the ones rejecting it have offers from multiple Tier 1 firms then anyone of us would do the same.

The SCAM split ended up benefitting the NLUs as you can place almost twice the ppl in essentially the same firm.

Though those commenting above may have a more closer/personal experience with the people of the firm and these things may not apply to them. I am giving my 2 cents from placements and growth perspective.
Quite frankly shocked by sheer determination of some and their desperate attempt to create a negative and simply false narrative here. A new firm has now been set up. They immediately go to law schools, the managing partner personally conducts pre-placement talks along with other partners and alumni from the respective colleges. From the perspective of law school students, there is now an additional job opportunity at another law firm (of more than 70 lawyers on Day 1) to be hired at Rs. 16 lakhs per annum as a fresher. Seriously, why and what for are we complaining!

Fyi, S&P has hired 19 law school freshers for next year including 8 from NUJS and the batch topper from both NLU Jodhpur and NUJS included. A number of those who have accepted did have other offers. Any other suggestion is completely factually inaccurate.

L&L btw which went to each of these law schools managed to hire 8-9! Very well done. Smell the coffee now. Burn...Lol
L&L didn't hire as many because they already have so associates. Unlike S&P, where very few associates preferred to move from L&L. So, obviously S&P needs associates like anything.
Is S&P's entire identity based on "Oh look L&L is trash"? If you don't want to be a laughing stock please base your PR on why S&P is inherently a good firm.
Those cribbing about how law students should be grateful and worship S&P for doing these talks and hiring them: for what? A new salty, obsessive law firm desperate to shade their past employers? Hiring graduates is fine. But to do it in a way in which your entire life revolves around shading one person and his practice is incredibly narrow-minded and telling of their personality as a law firm, and thereby work culture and environment.

I would even understand the shade if RKL were a megalomaniac hell-bent on pulling people down. But he isn't. Everyone in the market knows that he has more humanity and benevolence in his pinkie than MS will ever have. None of the other firms--CAM, SAM, AZB, Trilegal , and even L&L base their recruitment model on shading one firm. So let's not insult those on this thread pointing out genuine concerns with the ideology and vibe of this new S&P. They don't have to be grateful for anything. If S&P won't hire them, better law firms will. Pick your pick kids, don't let these narcissistic and self-righteous S&P people fool you.
Ever heard of the dog biscuit theory!! RKL's magnanmity ends at those dog biscuits...er I mean expensive single malts etc. Ask him to offload meaningful equity to others and suddenly jaspal Bhatti style, another committe gets set up. How many of you know that the big man not only forgot to pay up very hefty past dues of those who made serious money for the firm in the previous financial year, when they left, but also wait...listen to this has not even paid dues owed to the family of Sundeep Dudeja for the work that he and his team did in the previous financial year!! Apparently his family has been paid pittance in comparison to what is actually owed. This is ofcourse for someone who spent his entire professional life for the firm and ofcourse was part of the executive committee of the Firm. Shameful, simply shameful!
1. It's not 2 firms in place of 1. It's one big firm that continues. And one new one trying to recruit.
2. Maybe there are people with multiple offers, but if S&P and L&L are both there and only L&L gets new recruits, then clearly students are making an obvious choice.
3. Most of the NLU comments were about the nature of Sarafs pitch and how mean spirited it was. That would be enough of a reason not to join, even if it came from a Tier 1 firm.
Not sure why lies are being spread again and again. Clearly agendas and sour grapes. Fact of the matter remains, majority of lawyers in the corporate side who had any worthy name have all left with MS. It is matter of court records that those guys put together constituted more than 65% of firm's corporate revenues and profits. Why doesn't any one challenging this fact put in the messages links to any of the profiles of corporate partners who are left at L&L including LI database and see how many deals they have done in the last five years or for matter their book sizes! Running 2 or 3 lawyer teams and saying they have done 3Γ— of that is now how law firm business works and these sort of comments are simply laughable. This peddling of lies has to stop. Btw why lie that L&L was not looking for associates. They went to several law schools and made offers. Fact of the matter is they got only a handful. Anyone who knows actual facts will certainly not be swayed by this false narrative. Matlab kuch bhi chalega! Noone is saying be grateful, just stop being a black hole of positivity and respect the choices made by 19 top law graduates. Also noone is suggesting S&P is competiting with L&L. These idiotic comparisons were made by others in the thread. Only time will tell which law firms will stay their course and become force to reckon with. But stop being so negative!!!
How many new recruits L&L has got? Do you even know? If you would, you wouldn't be making these childlike and silly remarks. Despite making several offers across the law schools, L&L has barely got a handful in comparison. Such jhumlas I say!
I'm not sure where people are getting their information from, but in a top 3 NLU, more people chose Saraf and Partners over L&L. These include people who had other offers from CAM, SAM, AZB. In fact, out of everyone who was shortlisted for L&L, only one person agreed to go for the interview
[...]@[...].com

Good luck getting a positive response. [...] All the best!
A 29-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 13-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.