Read 48 comments as:
Filter By
Following on the July 2022 increase for incoming A0s, Trilegal has announced enhanced retainer bands across all levels with immediate effect. The exact details on the amount of increase is unclear but considering the analysis on yesterday's thread, it seems possible that it's become the best pay-master across all levels, possibly by a margin.

Wage Wars, pls come. Time for other firms to show Trilegal is the smaller firm ;)
Stuck at SCAM with a sub par payment at A3 level. Last year was bad with a 6-7k inc only in fixed despite all the nonsense reporting which didn’t give this away. Colleagues and I already have job hunters ring us with way better professional β€œfees” at other firms.

Reality of firm life is that loyalty means being stuck with a sad pay check. This, at the end of countless sleepless nights. In India shifting firms is the only way to earn decently! At the mercy of promoters if you work with scam, really.

My hat to Trilegal πŸ₯³ u da boss!
on equity across other similarly placed 'large' and 'small' platforms to share more with the salaried class - it will be interesting to see which of these platforms come out in support of younger lawyers (particularly, in the backdrop of the on-going human resource crunch). Platforms that seek to maintain bench strength, through a barrage of A0/A1 or shoddy hires, are surely going to have more crisis....
While its good to get a hike, pls forget wage wars. The increment for FY 20-21 only raises it to 16L (retainer+bonus) and is not even 16.6L which has been promised to incoming A0s (FY 21-22). So the increase is marginal, barely 4% and the possibility of anyone hiking because of it seems little considering 16L (and more) is being paid by more than a couple of Big 6 firms already.

Will be interesting to know if the increase is higher than 4% at any other retainer band levels and if that raises competition for other firms.
Maybe at your level it is marginal. But for the higher levels it is a material change from what I hear (know someone at Trilegal)
Yes, it’s massive. A2 package is now 23.5 (20 fixed + 3.5 bonus)
1.5 is common, 2 for anyone who's met their targets with a little to spare and 2.2 for those who do 2x targets
It has become the best paymaster amongst all tier 1s for sure. And whatever firm is smaller/ bigger doesn’t matter to associates till counsel level unless they belong to the family. Whoever pays more, they gotta be the best!
Would be useful if the pay details across levels are put in. For transparency.
Kian I am begging you, you need to do a proper front page story on this and maybe throw in some sassy remarks about how other law firms can't afford raises. Nothing spurs law firm admin to action like the idea of being considered poor. Please kar do, EMI depends on this.
Is Kian still with LI? I haven't seen any post from his personal id in a long time. And LI did not allow a thread on this topic
The maximum income (including 2.3L performance retainer) has increased from 15.4L to 16L for an A0.
Good to get the raise and don't want to complaint but comeon. Last raise to 15.4 L was announced for 2016 incoming associates. 5 years later and the raise is barely 4%! The other's ofcourse haven't even done that...
Bhai why are A0s flooding these threads? Other levels also hadn't gotten increases for years, and from what I hear, the jump for them is 10-12%
Noone's stopping you boss, just mentioned how much the hike was and after how many years. Come feel free to tell and flood how's the raise at different levels, someone's actually even explicitly asked for it above... Also do mention what portion is the annual increment and what's the pay hike. Hope the 10-12% is without the annual increment.
How much will first year SA make in trilegal with these new bands can some one please share
Most tier Ii firms have the same intensity of work.. working weekends. Weekdays. They need to take a leaf off tri too!
The ball is in the court of KCo and SCAM now.🀑

While SCAM has time and time again failed monetary expectations, KCo may actually do better this year. Have bonuses at KCo been better?
The hike is too minimal for atleast KCo to feel the need to respond. Even though they may not pay the bonus fairly, on paper remember they still promise A0s more than even the hiked Trilegal salary by offering 14.4+1.8. Rather Tri's hiked fixed component at 13.7 is also lower and who knows whether Tri will continue playing fair on bonus.
Small correction- this is not effective immediately but effective from April 2021. So people who had joined as A0s in 2020 received not only their seniority arrear in this salary (being designated A1 in April but increment for that being paid as arrears in July 2021) but also received arrears for this firm-wide retainer band hike. The same would go for all other seniorities (A0 to A1, A1 to A2 and so on).
If someone can list out the pay bands for Trilegal here, it would be very useful to actually have that information. In addition to this, if someone can list out the pay bands for other firms at the same level. The actual wage comparison can begin.
4000k. With so much in hand that I don't know what to do with it. The increment is absofckn crazy
You clearly don't work at Trilegal. As someone from the 2020 batch, I'm getting 7k per month extra due to this raise + increments of A1 which is another 10k + 4 months arrears since April which another 40k. That itself is more than what some of my peers at others firm made as bonus in March. Also, 17k x 12 = 2 lakhs approx + increase in bonus. So yeah, a few lakhs extra. Honestly, that is quite a difference at an associate level.
Kid, what are you even trying to say in your comment?
go back and do a better job at the proofing assignment I gave you yesterday.
Would be useful if the retainer bands across levels is put up here. Will give people a fair idea: A0,A1,A2,A3, SA1, SA2, SA3, Counsel 1, Counsel 2, Counsel 3. More informed choices can be made given the ongoing wage wars.
And here SAM cut off the increments in half last year, and hasn't even given the arrears for this year yet. It is already August ! Stop hoarding interest
It's because of Trilegal hike that other firms are now considering increments.And a well known big platform has rushed to market to announce "bumper" hikes but all the retainers there are fuming for no details of the break up of hike.Trilegal's transparent hike has exposed some self obsessed platform as petty minded platform.So glad not to be treated shabbily like the other firms retainers.Trilegal rocks.
First you go ask your top boss what's the break up of this between fixed and variable.or go on other LI convos to check with your colleagues about the break up and join them in grumbling when none of you know the breakup.Dont put a dampener on smaller platform Trilegal's"bigggggggg" hearted hike and big party
A 50-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 60-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 38-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.