Read 42 comments as:
Filter By
I didn't get a good rank in clat this year so I won't be going to a nlu and joining a private college instead but do you think not studying in one will not be fruitful for my career ? All around me everyone keeps saying without a nlu there is no scope to get a good job in law . Can someone please guide me , thank you
Hey there! I am someone who never went to law school. In fact, I didn't even go to a great law college. None of that has stopped me from being hired by India's #1 law firm. I was hired solely on the basis of my hard work. Trust me when I say that if I can, anyone can.

The only thing to bear in mind - Know up front that it is going to be a little harder for you so make sure you intern as much as you can during your college days and build a strong network which you could possibly leverage to get a job.
You never went to law school matlab? Are you an HR or something at a law firm?
This is not true. Even among NLUs, there are only 3 or 4 which are assured of jobs. For litigation, the college just doesn't matter. For non litigation, it's your internships and personal interface that matters.
Most inhouse counsel I know are not from NLUs. Genaral Counsel of Boeing India has done his law from Choudhary Charan Singh Uni.
abe laddu that's because he got the degree to get it out of the way. he is a CS, and is hired solely for that reason - big companies need qualified CS for regulatory compliances roles.
Went to a low key private law school, still managed to get a PPO from a tier 1 law firm on the basis of my hard work during internships. You can make your career on your own through your efforts, law school guarantees nothing brother.
vaidhyanadhan iyer,senior partner of azb is not from nlu,
anand shah ,senior partner of azb is not from nlu,
nitin potdar of jsa is not from nlu,
rohan sharda ,partner of sam is not from nlu,
there are a lot more who are not from nlu and now working in tier 1 law firms and making more than 4-5 lakhs per month.

NLU's are just brand,join a private college,from first year itself keep doing internships,have firm clarity in which are of practice you want to make it big.
just start working hard from that day itself,read books pertaining to that area of practice,watch youtube videos.

down the line 5-10 years ,your work experience,skills,knowledge will matter.
these guys started off 20 years ago there was no such thing as nlu craze, no logic comparing it today.
Vaidhyanadhan iyer, senior partner of azb.
He has done his law from thane, which is not very recognized, but still he has made it to forbes.

NO MATTER FROM WHERE YOU COME, YOUR HARDWORK, YOUR VISION, YOUR DETERMINATION/CONSISTENCY MATTERS IN LIFE.NOT BRAND OF LAW SCHOOL.
Hi , I was heavy into UPSC . Graduate batch of 2019. Failed big. I m from Lucknow university. No moots , interships or exposure in our college . I have now 6 months of litigation experience. But i have started to hate courts and their slow process. Litigation is hard for first generation. There are power circles everywhere!

How to join law firms now? I am interested in M & A , VC , GCA , B&F . Please help us all non NLU people.

(trolls pls stay away, i am already depressed and get heart palpitations daily.)

@Mod - Please pin / feature this for 2 weeks
Use your litigation experience to move to a corporate advocate chamber, then move on to smaller firms, tier 2 and then tier 1, Spamming this post will not help
Sir I m already a graduate . What to do now ? I am interested to learn GCA , and later become an advocate and appear before NCLT and Securities Tribunal
In my 5yr law journey, I did internships at law firms (include T1) & big offices and received commendations, performed very well at extra curricular activities like moots & debates, got 4 publication in UGC journals and many more,

YET i couldn't make to any T1 or T2 law firms even after having professional connections,

REASON "I WAS FROM NON-NLU COLLEGE" 😣

But I leared through verified sources & personally saw that in many T1 firms many associates were not even did more than 2-3 internships forget about extra curricular activities & no analytical skills BUT still they hired & are getting more than 1Lakh / month salary BECAUSE THEY WERE FROM NLU OR NEPOS (TOP 7)

I thought that atleast i can bag more than 70K/month package but currently i am getting 22k/month (after 2yr exp). I was not from financial sound background so didn't took the risk for CLAT.

LEARNING : NO ONE CARE & POLITICS WILL CONTINUE. & CRACK CLAT OR MAKE NEPO SOURCE
Ye Kadva Sachh hai :

Law Firms for NLUs

Litigations for Non-NLUs

Govt. Jobs for Both
Hi

Final Year Student from SLS Pune here, I got a PPO from Trilegal and shall be joining them in July 2024.

From my experience, college really does-not matter. Looking at my batchmates, there have been students who were able to crack training contracts in foreign law firms such as Baker Mackenzie and Linklaters. Additionally around 15-20 of my batchmates have received either a PPO or an offer in day zeros from tier 1 law firms. This was around 35-40 last year for the batch of 2023.

Rather than wasting time on this thread, you should chin up and get yourself to work.

Atb!
sls pune, naam hi kaafi h. Name doesnt matter me vo log aate h who really don't know th world beyond them.
Hi, could we please connect? I'm a first year law student in Bangalore, and would really appreciate guidance from you.
A simple tip if you want to make career in corporate specially in law firms . Take a dummy law college in Mumbai & start doing running internship & paralegal in Mumbai law firms . This will eliminate your other competitors . Start with a boutique or small law firm .

1 Make your LinkedIn account start connecting with people in the industry .

2 Start Writing articles & Please develop a CV from day 1 only
Pls help me get into boutique . I m already a grad. I will have to shift to mumbai for this