Read 13 comments as:
Filter By
Hi, I got a rank around 1000s in CLAT. However, I'm looking to upgrade with vacancy, currently I think I will get NLUO.

How high should I aim for? Can any student in RML, HNLU and RGNUL please give a short pro-con for joining their Universities? We aspirants have to blindly trust coaching rankings and we have no true information about the insides.

I also have been selected for SLS Pune's interview rounds and I have Jindal in my pocket already. Please guide.

Thank you.
If its not a huge financial burden for you, Jindal for SURE. Same for SLS Pune as a next choice. Then look at the lower NLUs.
If you’ve got money go to Jindal with eyes closed. If you’ve got a little less money go to symbi. this would be my list:

JGLS > Symbi P > NLUO > RMLNLU > RGNUL> HNLU
Unbiased Comparison

RMLNLU

Pros
A lot of alumni in govt. Services
Good debating culture
In main city - 2 kms from metro

Cons
UP focussed due to domicile
Unsupportive Admin
Ragging is real bad

HNLU

Pros
Good alumni base in corporate law firms
Newly recruited faculty - Includes alumni hires
Organizes events nicely

Cons
Far away from city - 20 kms
Unsupportive admin - No idea of any change by VCV
Chhattisgarh focussed due to domicile

RGNUL

Pros
Good Infra - AC Hostel
No domicile
Organizes a lot of events

Cons
A little bit drugs issue
Fees is high
People who get in don't like the environment - Speaking from multiple personal accounts - Not endorsing

NLUO

Pros
Good mooting culture
Good student environment - from what I have heard

Cons
New VC opposed to corporate placements - Recent Phenomenon
Problem of connectivity to rest of the country

SLS Pune

Pros
Good alumni base

Cons
Expensive
No hostels

Regarding Jindal, I would say that go for it over these colleges if you have no problem with the fee.
Ragging is bad? Wow! I was 2012 batch, and the entire batch was (in)famous for crappy fights and ugly boys and girls. Glad we graduated and rid the college of us. Is it even worse now? Putting down my two bits about RML:

(+) Lots of guidance on preparing for higher studies, judiciary, civils, other competitive exams, litigation, etc.

(-) Bad / limited guidance on corporate/ transactional law.
RML for litigation, HNLU for Corporate, NLUO and RGNUL if you want to try something different
Fights? Really? I didn't know about that part. Haven't heard anything of that sort in any other NLU.
Wow, we guys didn't rag our juniors, and they didn't get a chance to rag their juniors either. So I think your information is a little outdated.
Anyways reiterating your points..
Debating and Mooting culture is good.
It's Better than almost every other NLU in terms of govt. Exams.
A decent amount of people are going for foreign Llms too.
People are taking up corporate jobs too but the number is not that high.
Academic pressure is almost next to no, so you have a lot of time to do your thing.
Admin Is not all that great.
Don't even factor in ragging. How are seniors going to rag you over Zoom? Not a factor for this batch.