Read 17 comments as:
Filter By
Since the last few months, I have been observing that almost every firm is desperately recruiting - to the extent of cold messaging people on LinkedIn. With HR consultants unable to convince people to switch firms during this WFH, it has only meant that base hiring is what law firms are currently surviving on.

The number of A0/A1s joining teams has been an avalanche of sorts. Tbh, we don't even need that many A0s - the team actually needs an A3 or an SA. But it seems that with quality in short supply at slightly senior associate levels, law firms are desperately trying to fill the gap with freshers. Will it work out? Does it mean we seniors can start negotiating better deals for ourselves?
Evidently yes! Bache bhar gaye hai team mein, par kaam karne wala koi nahi hai.
No.

These mass exists happen almost every year. Replacements can be found from smaller law firms or ones doing Litigation or even from legal teams of companies.
Kids here think that they are irreplaceable. Honestly, most of the work done by young associates can be done by bcom grads.
Who isn't replaceable, really? You die today, a week later you will be replaced next week. Even your loved ones will move on after a year. But that's no reason not to live a little, eh?
Love it when SAs, PAs think they are better or irreplaceable. The only thing I have seen these people do is sucking up to Partners by demeaning juniors, lol. It's not even your client, sirji. Partner got it. Stop acting like you run the firm. You are as replaceable as any other person in the firm. And not like the work is soooooo interesting, no difference between corp. lawyers and IT guys sitting in front of a laptop for 12 hours a day.
What are these firms? What teams are hiring? Who are these people getting messaged? How do I get my hands on this thing?
Speak with friends in Trilegal or Khaitan. These are at least the two firms I know for sure are hiring across teams and practice areas for people with PQE of 1 year and above (different criteria for different practice areas and offices).
If you have to ask, you'll never know. If you know, you need only ask.
Even firms that typically don't put out hiring calls, like JSA, have published vacancies on their LinkedIn page.
You are mistaken here brother, JSA publishes vacancies on its LinkedIn page quite often.
Not the kind they've put out recently. Everytime there's a specific vacancy, JSA HR publishes it on their LinkedIn. Check the post published this week, it's a general call for applications across 1-7PQE for all teams. JSA has been hiring A0s across the board who get paid peanuts and have nobody to do the meaningful work
I can do the work, have been working with a chamber for last 2 years. but how can I go for the tier 1