Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
My CLAT-UG rank around 600. I have closely missed the Top 6 NLUs, what should be my preference now.

Which among RMLNLU, NLUO and RGNUL is overall better. I cannot drop the year.
HNLU
RMLNLU
NLUO
RGNUL

This should be the preference after considering a majority of factors. You may make changes depending upon your priorities.
Bhai HNLU to pucha hi nai querist ne? :D Agree with rest of the list though.
RML

(+) Lots of guidance on preparing for higher studies, judiciary, civils, other competitive exams, litigation, etc.

(-) Bad / limited guidance on corporate/ transactional law.

If you aim to get into a true blue blooded transactional/ corp. Law Firm, then you will have to reach out to the few good alums who have done well in corp.
These 2021 grads seem to be doing really well, much better than older batches it seems. There's tons of alumni in litigation but the number is now going up in firms as well. Always exciting to see an RML SA/PA. I miss college. What a campus. Do you know they added a whole ass gym next to the swimming pool?
Really? Thats good to hear. Wow! Gym next to pool - sounds cool!! Lit alums in law firms? Thats news to me. T2 and T3, I suppose (nothing against T2 and T3, just hard to keep track - I did couple of years in T2 and T3, before getting into T1). I am corporate though.
Go for RML. A better established alumni network. Just keep interning.
I'd say take RGNUL. Most people won't suggest RGNUL as they don't find it within good NIRF rankings but boy it's a great place to be in considering we don't have a lot of options here. I stayed there for a year before migrating to one of the top three NLUs. It has a very robust mooting culture, two amazing journals and a great overall environment. With the new VC, the college is expected to reach great heights too!
RGNUL>RMLNLU>NLUO bcoz experience has shown that the richer the state the better the NLU. Also, Amarinder is a good CM.
Dear OP, Don't waste your time asking these sort of questions here. The current students of the respective colleges will come out and upvote/ downvote comments based on which ones they attend. As someone who's older, working in a tier 1 and didn't attend any of the above 3 college (or HNLU for that matter), here's my take:

1. The three are basically the same- i.e. tier 2, hence placements, for all practical purposes, will be a struggle;

2. The campus/ infra at both RGNUL and RMLNLU are also more or less similar, being significantly better than other NLUs (not sure about NLUO);

3. There are brilliant students and slackers at all 3 places, pick the ones you'd like to associate with;

4. RGNUL does have a drug culture (found out when I went for a sports fest), but nobody is going to force you unless you're interested. This is comparatively less in RMLNLU and NLUO;

5. The alumni base is also similar with few people in tier 1s, many more in litigation, lower judiciary and unemployed/living off their parents.

You may succeed and/ or fail at either of the places, it's going to be upto you really. All the best!