Read 96 comments as:
Filter By
Will get WBNUJS in UG CLAT 2021 under NRI quota, also getting scholarship at JGLS (5.6lacs per annum fees) which one shall I go with?
What are the fees for the NRI quota at NUJS and what would your fees post scholarship be at JGLS?
It's 10k USD per annum, The fees I mentioned for JGLS is the fees I've to pay after the scholarship
at nujs it would be 7.5 lakh p.a. and at jindal 5.6 lakh p.a. (all inclusive) with a chance at an increased scholarship.
My roommate was in a similar situation after attending NUJS decided to stick with JGLS. That being said, after some time he left JGLS and ended up doing his law at King's College.
Do note that 5.6 lakhs for JGLS is probably only for tution and there isn't any scholarship on the hostel fees.

Last I checked, the fees of NUJS for NRI sponsored students was approx the same as JGLS fees without any scholarship. If you get any scholarship at JGLS, it'll be the better option in monetary terms.

Atleast for JGLS, the campus has better infrastructure, good faculty, generally good in terms of placements.

I'm assuming you can afford both- therefore do consider aspects other than fees.
Han bhai, at JGLS hostel fees is β‚Ή2.5 lakhs per annum so that makes it 8.1 lakhs per annum for this kid. A student not on scholarship pays 7.5 lakhs per annum at Jindal. Yeah obviously Jindal makes students on scholarships pay more than students not on scholarships. This is called reverse scholarship. A flagship marketing scam launched by Jindal. You think that you have scholarship but you end up paying the scholarship to university.
Quote:
Β A student not on scholarship pays 7.5 lakhs per annum at Jindal.
What? This makes no sense. How did you come up with 7.5 lakhs amount? The scholarship is not uniform or fixed across students. It is a percent of the total fees depending on the LSAT scores you get during adminission. There are many students who're paying the same amount as what students at many NLUs pay due to scholarships in the tution fees.

@Kian, the above comment should be marked as 'facts contested' cuz it makes no sense, assuming random things.
"There are many students who're paying the same amount as what students at many NLUs pay due to scholarships in the tution fees."

Lie
As far as I know, NUJS was 7.2 under that admission stream. In case that 1.6 extra per year is doable, NUJS without any doubt. A difference of miles and miles between NUJS and JGLS. Nay, a different plane altogether.
Is there a runway to land the plane? Last I heard NUJS didn’t have a campus or was it negligible? I don’t remember.
Honestly, then you haven't been hearing right. NUJS has a 6 acre in the hub of Salt Lake City which has everything required in a college except for playgrounds. That is made up by the fact that the Sports Authority of India and Salt Lake Stadium (the largest football stadium in India) is a 2 mins walk away.

Not to mention the access to malls, pubs, restaurants, multiplex are all within walking distance too. You literally three of the biggest hospitals chains - Apollo, AMRI and Columbia Asia - again within walking distance (in case that's a concern in the post COVID world).

With airports and railway stations within 30 mins driving distance and a top chain of five star hotels nearby (ITC, Hyatt, JW Marriott) - location is one the crucial reasons why NUJS gets a top public figure coming in for a discussion session every week.

JGLS has a fancier campus, sure. But right outside is rural India (for income inequality contrast purposes, of course!).
Not to forget Ashoka, SRM, WUD, NIT SONIPAT and NLU Sonipat are all at walking distance from Jindal
'Walking distance' is exaggerating. They are all between 10-15 kms away.

Just the highway is 5kms from Jindal. NLU & Ashoka are a few kilometres further away.
The highway is literally a stone's throw away from NUJS. Less than a stone's throw actually.
You act as if NUJS owns Sports Authority of India and the Saltlake stadium. It's made for Olympians to train, not NUJS students.
That's like saying Eden Garden is for Indian national team to play, so other people cannot use it. Newsflash, they can and do, including club teams.
Tell that to the NUJS people who practice there :) Also, jbtw, the entire Sports Authority of India is booked for Invicta and Parainvicta, NUJS' flagship sporting events
This question makes me weirdly angry.
I wish there wasn't this big a gap between have and have nots.
Anyway, to answer your question, NUJS jao, study well !
JGLS, JGLS, JGLS. No question about it. You will receive faculty and infra much better than NUJS at a lower price, you will get the opportunity to go abroad for a semester exchange and your rank is likely to be high at JGLS, so better chances of a good job offer.
Smartly skipped the 'better faculty' jibe. Or maybe, not so smartly?
Would only work as an advantage when all the students can expect to be taught by all marquee names. Hardly the case in Jindal at present. With 800 students graduating every year.
Nujs, no question about it. If you were getting a higher scholarship at Jindal, and finances are an issue, then you could have perhaps considered Jindal. Otherwise it's nujs for sure.
Jindal anyday. I am assuming that the fees is same or more at NUJS. NUJS would only provide you with good placements. Jindal will provide you a lot of opportunities including good placements. Jindal will give you a perspective NUJS would not. It’s just the kind of peers you’ll have. At NUJS you’ll find CLAT toppers who’ve dreamt of nothing but corporate jobs their entire life. At Jindal, you’ll be introduced to 12+ different schools and 20 thousand plus students. You’ll find a lot of Jindal kids getting into startups or getting funded by a VC (and actually earning). You’ll find them going to the most unique career paths. And they have a college life. You’d be giving half a decade and the prime time of your life to your university. You might not want to stay in a restrictive environment and question your life 10 years later.
What absolute nonsense.

Yes, there is a culture veered towards corporate jobs. That doesn't mean people don't want to do anything else/ have opportunities to do them. Entrepreneurs? Lawsikho, lawctopus and Sama just to name a few, some of the most successful startups BY NUJS ALUMS.

We don't have a college life? WE can reach the heart of the city in 20 mins, in a few years with metro it'll be even faster. SONIPAT IS IN A VILLAGE WHAT LIFE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.

At NUJS you'll be able to explore a beautiful city and its culture, cuisine etc.

There are virtually NO RESTRICTIONS on you. You can leave campus before 11PM and come back ANY TIME. You can roam in campus till 2AM at least. It'll be one of the best decisions of your life to choose NUJS. As someone who paid the NRI Fees and had the option of taking JGLS, my decision couldn't have been better.

At NUJS you can choose to either do NOTHING and just chill around or be DROWNING under work. The seniors, juniors and general culture is one of the best because we have a "small" hostel with everyone cooped up in the same building, but all that will be immaterial after the first few months. 7. Guest has no idea what they're talking about.

Please choose NUJS.
Quote:
Please choose NUJS.
Shows desperation if you are saying "please choose us".
Apart from expensive exchange programmes, there is no 'opportunity' at JGLS that NLU students including those at NUJS are deprived of. Please do not talk about start ups without information. Jindal students might be joining startups, but NUJS students are already owners of multiple start ups including those like SAMA with which even the government has been working these days.
At Jindal you'll find unique career paths? You mean joining their parent's chambers? Could you give any example of these unique paths?
Yes, fights almost at the level of a small riot because someone selling a cig for 40 bucks a pop is great college life which will give you unique perspective πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°

Jokes apart, I realize JGLS is very good college that produces stellar students (in some cases) but let us not be so divorced from reality either.
I’d trade my non-NRI NLU J seat for Jindal based on my circumstances now. I am pretty sure a lot of JGLS kids would do that for NLU J. My point is that grass would always seem greener on the other side. Make a list of what you want in life and analyse which university would provide you with more opportunities and resources for the same.

Don’t believe the LI comments section. The entire NLU fam will root for NUJS and JGLS crowd will root for theirs. The former will overpower the latter in quantity so you’ll never get a fair answer. Do your own due diligence.
With the herd that graduates out of JGLS every year, it already has more alumni than WBNUJS and NLUJ combined. I will not be surprised if the figure is somewhere closer to the combined strength of top 5 law schools.
Look at it this way: Jindal may top NIRF in the next 10 years, while NUJS will only dip further. So will you go by past or future? For example, just because West Indies won the World Cup in 1970s does not mean they are world champions today.
West Indies is at least participating in the WC every four years and has won the T20 WC too. Still trying to figure out when Jindal is going to stop feeling scared and actually join NIRF. The biggest drawback of Jindal is always going to be that 5000 people apply for it of which 500 are given admissions. 70000 people apply for CLAT of which 130 get through to NUJS. The difference in quality is palpable.
Let Jindal provide jobs to even 10% of its batch first. So far, it hasn't in the last 7 years.
Jindal any day. The only reason where Jindal lacked behind was fees and since that is not an issue, Jindal any day. For duck’s sake, Jindal’s auditorium is larger than NUJS campus.

Look at it this way. NUJS would charge you 8 lacs and your fees would be used to fund others in the same university. Has NUJS made an investment on anything? No. They don’t have enough money. All this ranking and bs is just because NUJS has been consistently providing great placements and has been a top 3 (sometimes being ousted by NLU D but that’s very subjective). Nevertheless the placements can not be disregarded. They are great. But that’s all you get at NUJS. Nothing else.

I am forgetting the fact that you re being offered a scholarship here. JGLS would use your money and actually invest it in your favour and not to fund basic college expenses. How many 5 year law batches would an 11 year old university with no alumni base produced? Yes and no go and look at the placements stats for batches that graduated during pandemic. JGLS is slaying it. Moreover you won’t have to compete with CLAT toppers for the job, it would be easier in JGLS since most students are not interested in that corporate bs anyway. Now that the placement talk is done let’s talk about other stuff. At Jindal, you’ll have something they call a college life which is pretty much non existent at NUJS. You’d go for a semester exchange. You’d make connections with children of top lawyers, businessmen, executives, politicians and bureaucrats which would help you throughout life. You’ll get a library which would probably be larger than NUJS academic block. You’d get better accommodation and infrastructure. More career options apart from corporate jobs lmao. Better faculty. Better sports infrastructure and I could go on. Also you wont have VC issues (https://www.thequint.com/news/india/nujs-protest-not-my-vc-resignation-of-professor-ishwara-bhat) at Jindal, if you ever lag behind you’ll at least know that it was your fault and the university provided you w everything while at NUJS it could be the VC, faculty or anyone stopping you from doing what you want.

NUJS would be a dumb choice, I can’t deal with these NLU nationalists giving you false advice
If half the students of Jindal stand in a queue and pee together, entire NUJS would be flooded away. You’re comparing an institution and university of eminence ranked in the global QS rankings with a school which can’t compete with a 10 year old NLU D in NIRF. Please don’t make such silly comparisons. If you have a choice between National University of Singapore and Jindal, that’s a tough call. I’ll help you with that.
Funny that you mentioned the ranking as a determining factor. Let me tell you, no one and I repeat no one cares for the QS ranking. It's only the JGLS students who justify the apparent greatness of the university by relying on a ranking system and most Indian law colleges do not even participate. Ever wondered why QS is the only ranking that even considers Jindal and it does not appear in any other other ranking including Times. The importance of JGLS and QS ranking is established from the meagre amount of candidates opting for LSAT. NLU-D being as old as Jindal as greater applicants and guess what, it actually offers better opportunities for the students.
Quote:
Let me tell you, no one and I repeat no one cares for the QS ranking. It's only the JGLS students who justify the apparent greatness of the university by relying on a ranking system and most Indian law colleges do not even participate.
You guys are such hypocrites. Check comment 10.1, the guy is literally relying on NIRF rankings and challenging Jindal to join the same. When Jindal doesn’t participate in a ranking, it is because it is scared. But when you guys are not even considered for a ranking, you act like you voluntarily didn’t participate and aren’t scared. Lol atleast don’t contradict yourselves in the same thread.
It’s funny how people who very conveniently criticise Jindal all the time for propagating privilege are quiet and providing suggestions on NRI quota, thereby legitimising it. They would call out Jindal for its fee structure even the conversation is not about Jindal. Look how conveniently they are recommending you to take up the NUJS NRI seat as if there’s nothing wrong with it. Not once has it been called out. NUJS is established by the state and the duty to be more inclusive is much higher than that of JGLS, a private institution. Yet double standards and hypocrisy would be at display when there is a chance to gang up on Jindal. Not because they care about privilege or inclusion or any of that. They are just getting insecure of a younger institution doing extraordinarily well.
Dissection of reservations in NUJS (the flag bearer of merit, inclusion and affordable education)

For those who actually need it:-

SC- 18 (10 national and 8 domicile)
ST- 08 (6 India and 2 domicile)

Guess how many for NRI/NRI Sponsored? 18. And another 2 seats for foreign nationals.

Total 38 West Bengal domicile.

Good going NUJS.
How is this even a question? Jindal wtf. As stated earlier in a comment, NUS and JGLS comparable. We don’t need an extra J in there. We’re talking about institutions with international standards, how is NUJS even in the picture?
These rankings ( https://www.nirfindia.org/2020/LawRanking.html) might help you, NUJS is #6 and symbiosis is #8.

These rankings (https://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/university-subject-rankings/2021/law-legal-studies) might also help you. Jindal is at #76 and University of Geneva is at #76 too. University of Manchester is at #79. Tilburg University is at #82, University of Oslo is at #83 and UniversitΓ€t Hamburg is at 90.

I am not making any assertions, you can use your brain. Good luck.
NUJS people mostly go for corporate jobs in Indian firms. You hardly see people dong foreign LLMs and joining academics/think tanks these days. Even careers in litigation, UPSC etc are rare. So it's a great law school if your life's ambition is to work with CAM and Khaitan, but Jindal is better for a more holistic perspective.
A 22-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
It's amusing to see so many butthurt Jindal trolls flooding the comments section to proclaim their superiority. I keep reading about additional benefits of Jindal, though not a single one of those benefits is actually producing students who are doing better than those from the NLUs in any field whatsoever. Pandemic placement slaying, lol! All the hot air without any stats to back it up. Size of library doesn't matter if you lack the brains to make sense of what's written in the books. Be it placement, moots, debates, legal aid work, Rhodes and other scholarships, entrepreneurship, NUJS grads have been doing better in every measurable way than Jindal grads for years now. Without having any of those 'vaunted advantages'. 'College life' in the heartland of Sonepat, heh!
A 24-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
NUJS is an institution constantly going down the rankings and general public perception. Politics and administration have corrupted the institution inside out. Newer universities like NLU D, NLUJ, GNLU and Jindal are doing much better if you actually sit and analyse all the aspects. Don’t go to NUJS. Go for Jindal.
A 3-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Go for JGLS if it’s cheaper for you, except fees, it’s better in all other aspects
2010: β€œJindal is a huge scam. Lloyd and amity are better than Jindal. Would never get a single tier 1 placement. No good faculty will ever join Jindal. They’ll never rank amongst top 10 in India”
2015: β€œI mean yeah but I’d still choose symbi over Jindal. Jindal is a scam.”
2016: β€œOkay best private university in India but miles behind any NLU. I mean look at the fees and ROI”
2017: β€œScholarships are a scam, they are increasing the batch size. Jindal is going down”
2018: β€œI mean, if you don’t have financial issues, go for it after top 5 but I’ll still be sceptical”
2019: β€œWhat do you mean the world acknowledges QS rankings? They are crappy dude. Jindal hacked into the methodology. We are in NIRF, Jindal is not haha hehe”
2020: β€œInstitution of Eminence? The government is sold out. There’s no potential in Jindal. We’re trying to get into QS we’ll rank above Jindal for sure. What do you mean ex-VC of my university and the only people relevant in legal academia are joining Jindal? They’re old, can’t teach. What do you mean they are hiring a lot of young successful faculty? Do you think young people with no experience would be able to teach?
Publish Jindal’s placement stats from pandemic if they have the audacity.”
2021: β€œ50+ tier jobs in pandemic is not a huge deal bro look at their batch size. NUJS or Jindal? What do you mean we don’t have infrastructure or faculty? NUJS still better. Why are you asking for reasons to back it up. NUJS brand JGLS not brand hehe haha. What do you mean we ranked low in NIRF? NIRF methodology is crap haha hehe”
β€œChoose NUJS over Jindal”
Kyu?
β€œBas hai better”
Aur?
β€œHum pahle paida hue the”

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/iEb31xdarQKJSimCA[/img]
lets do a bit of probability - if getting a corp job is your end goal, then the chances are much higher in nujs than in jgls in 2026 pari pasu. the extra cost at nujs will be around 6 lakhs total in 5 year. so the extra breakeven will take less than 1 year if you get a t1 job, adjusted for inflation. if you are from bengal you can further reduce the cost by using the student credit card. anyway, using the past nujs v jgls performance in placement figures the chances of getting a t1 job is about 50% higher. therefore if getting a job is your priority then nujs will be the right choice.
Based on an honest experience as a Jindal Grad:

The answer depends on what your specific priorities are. However assuming the general set of expectations of a law aspirant: NUJS would be the safer option. (Of course do your research and verify everything being said by everyone here, these are all personal opinions and perspectives and may not be entirely true.)

The reasons are the following:

Job Security & Alumni Network: Jindal is a relatively young law school and despite the capital behind it, it’s gonna be a while before it can be at par and deliver as consistently as the top 4-5 NLUs. Most Jindal graduates are still young and are yet to make partner in law firms or make it big in the field of litigation, that is not to say that it will not happen, however you may have graduated by the time Jindal has cemented its reputation. At the moment whether in Litigation or corporate NUJS would probably give you a higher guarantee of securing a Job. Despite recent problems with its administration its placements don’t seem to suffer much. The numbers may indicate a high number of people in jindal securing jobs with top firms however the ratio of people placed to the total number of people in the batch is poor. Furthermore, the people that do get placed may include people that have secured the same through reference or through PPOs they got through internships all on their own. A great chunk of people that get placed at Jindal i.e. the top 1% of the batch are truly gifted and motivated people with near perfect GPAs and impressive extra curricular achievements, the kind of people that would get placed regardless of which college they’re from. So if you’re a mere mortal, above average but not topper kinda kid you may have a higher chance of securing a good starting Job at NUJS.

Internships: You will find it easier to secure internships as an NUJS student than a JGLS one.
The placement cell at Jindal becomes more active during placement season however you may struggle in finding internships through college. The internships are there but like I said only the ones with the highest GPAs get access and a good chunk of people end up without internship support. I don’t know the internal workings of internships at NUJS however from seeing plenty of NUJS people at internships, it’s fair to assume that their cell is fairly active. Furthermore, the current reality is that if you’re applying independently you have a higher chance of securing an internship as an NUJS kid than a Jindal one.

3. College Life: Entirely subjective of course. You will see brilliant dedicated individuals who would not swap jindal for anything because of their experience. However, it is important to note that the University is quite isolated and if you don’t like the college atmosphere then you might struggle as you may not have an outside world to go to. Delhi is a fair bit away and fairly expensive to get to. It also takes ages in commuting no matter what mode of transport you take. I believe NUJS gives you easier access to a metropolitan city. Plus you may find it relatively safer to come back to college in the middle of the night in Kolkata rather than Sonepat. The crowd in Jindal is a mixed one, you’ll find all kinds of people. The stereotype that only elite brats go here is a bit exaggerated, you’ll find a fair bit of people that don’t fall into that category. Honestly, anyone in the general category with access to a law course delivered in English is privileged by the standards of our developing country, so you’ll find a lot of people who are roughly on the same level of access to resources as NLU grads, but yes you will also see a great portion of the Jindal stereotype. I’m being vague here because I can’t throw percentages, but the point is that there are all kinds of people in Jindal but the hard part is that you may find it tedious to meet like minded people because the crowd is huge to go through.

The Upside of Jindal:

If you’re looking for a career in academia or are interested in LLM pathway courses, Jindal may give you a slight advantage over NUJS. There’s no denying the fact that the faculty in Jindal is top notch and having access to these professors would certainly help in getting into academia.

That’s it!
At the end of the day there is more than one way to get to your destination, so if you have a goal you’ll find a way to achieve it in either place. In case you don’t during college, it’s fine life is long just be resilient cuz that’s something you’ll definitely need for law xD.
Best of Luck!
If any student from Jindal read this, they’d know these are not the experiences of a Jindal grad. To what extent will these NLU kids stoop down to, in order to do PR. I am stunned. 1% students, seriously Kian? You’re sure about these facts and not want to mark them contested. 1% is 3 students btw. Also facts to sahi lao NUJS walon.
I wrote the initial comment, I am a Jindal graduate, it’s one thing to disagree but to discredit it as fake is bizarre.

The 1% thing was not to be taken literally, the point was to convey the quality of the individuals being talked about. You could have a good CGPA of 7.0 out of 8 and still be ranked 40th in your batch in Jindal (can be verified by reaching out to recents grads on linkedin)
And don’t talk about PR buddy, be a little self aware xD this is why we get roasted for elitism. NUJS isn’t the one running ads on YouTube and a certain ahem legal blog.

I don’t generally engage in these threads and like others have already said the OP would be better served going on LinkedIn and getting in touch with recent graduates of both colleges for more authentic perspectives.
A 13-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Some balanced thoughts:

First Impressions

- NUJS has churned out people, with hustle attitude. Lot of founders, business people, partners and hard working alumnus (who also happen to be supportive). The first impression is 90% that the person is talented, and well connected.

- Jindal has massive scholar base, you say Jindal and two things pop in mind, radical parties and massive exposure. Both aren't bad. But unlike NUJS, other party has to work hard to determine talent. Which means you need to work disproportionately hard to stand out.

- All of legal respect NUJS as of now, including JGLS. The respect commanded is undisputed.

Network.

- NUJS provides excellent network with alumni network already deeply routed in the legal ecosystem, I have seen numerous NUJS fellows placed at positions in-house too. So the relationship is really both ways. If you want to work in a law firm (including foreign) or in-house, NUJS is been their done that school. Also it enjoys good relationship with NLS, NLUJ, and NALSAR circles too.

- JGLS is young and while we see entry level jobs from top law firms coming to JGLS, it will take time to settle in as de-facto school. Given the numbers, it will settle in as one, but will take maybe 10+ years more.

In a legal career, remember that you need support early, and not later. First 10 years maybe your law school will fly you, next 10 you will be on your own brand.

Opportunities and Exposure

JGLS has some class apart programs. For example the ability to do JD along with LLB, tapping into network of top schools world wide, are immensely valuable. However, only to the people looking at it. If you want to work internationally, get educated internationally, the institute of eminence tag and alumni scholarships from JGLS are absolutely golden opportunities.

The Institute of Eminence Advantage: Top international schools like Oxford, have started giving importance to this tag, you can check online. Top rank +IoE may have advantages.

NUJS has some exposure, but obviously not equivalent academic excellence. However, if a driven kid texts a alumni partner on LinkedIn, to maybe connect to a resource to guide on practical aspects of a practice area, success chance is better than JGLS.

---

10 years in the future.

JGLS has 20K+ alumni. Referral work, network effect maybe at the top. However, you graduated five years ago and now as a founder of your startup are struggling to compete with other JGLS peers.

NUJS - small family, taps into other NLU network, maybe increased its intake like NLS.
Honest question, not trolling. Can you tell us a little more about the alumni scholarships at Jindal that you mentioned? What is the nature of it and how is eligibility determined?
This is what I have realised after reading multiple LI posts and comments involving Jindal.
1. People supposedly from Jindal would make a lot of claims, many of which have been found to be tall ones. There is also very little holistic statistics available to form informed opinions, especially given the huge batch size (including BA LLB, BBA LLB, and 3-Year LLB, almost 700-800 students per batch).
2. People supposedly from NLUs or places other than Jindal would make a lot of disparaging comments about Jindal and its students, many of which are just as hyperbolic and questionable. They would also be obviously lacking in data about the place.
3. Some people who are probably not from Jindal and/or are part of PR teams would pose as 'neutral observers' or even as 'parents' , and pass patronising comments about the excellence of Jindal, all the while revealing their lack of awareness about the reality in Indian legal industry or academia.

The only logical conclusion that can be drawn from the above is that if anyone really wants to get reliable information about Jindal in order to take an informed decision, LI is certainly not the place to get it from. Try to get in touch with individual students (not employees) from there whose identities you can verify, and who would not really have any personal incentive to 'lure you in' by making false representations. Information about most of the top NLUs are more readily available in LI and verifiable too, so this forum may still act as a somewhat reliable source for that purpose. Although even in that case, you might be better off talking to the students and obtaining independent stats to back up claims. Ranking data as available from any source (NIRF, QS etc.) would have a lot of limitations and can at best remain a supplementary source of info, nothing more.

If any trolls take umbrage at this comment, I cannot really care less. This was solely meant for the benefit of the OP and other students similarly placed.
JGLS student here. I’d give my opinion here.

See NUJS is an excellent institution with a legacy. NUJS would be a very safe choice. I mean especially if you are into corporate jobs.

JGLS is like a small cap stock with a lot of potential. It’s my personal opinion, I might be biased and it might also be wrong but from everything that I have seen in Jindal and the efforts and investment administration is putting, I believe that JGLS would at some point represent India. JGLS is a great law school, but when you’re coming here you’re betting on the future. Till now JGLS has exceeded all expectations by miles but you’re still betting on the future. But when you’re choosing NUJS, you’re choosing a university with a legacy of it’s own and a loyal alumni base. You’ll know that NUJS would never go down and would always remain one of the top universities in India.

Also if you’re into unnecessary luxuries or if you want a bougie peer group, you could come to Jindal. If you want a safe bet wherein you’ll nearly secure your future, go for NUJS. If you want to bet on the future and partake in building an institution with immense potential, come to Jindal. If you want to explore diverse career options and fields of law come to Jindal. But if you want to earn money, at this moment, NUJS would be a comparatively safer bet from the placement stats that I have seen.

There’s no comparison between the two universities. Both are different leagues and are excelling in their leagues. Sort out your goal in life and then choose a university. You won’t repent going to any of the universities in my opinion. And there’s nothing that you can do in one university and not in another. In the end it would not boil down to the university you chose but the efforts you put in.
Since you mentioned diverse career options, can you actually explain exactly what sort of exclusive career opportunities are provided at Jindal that one cannot get at NUJS, or similar NLUs?
Choose JGLS because of QS rank and possible future NIRF top 3 rank.
Bhai everyone gets Jindal. Go for something that not everyone can get. There lies the value
Everyone can afford NUJS. Go for something that everyone can not afford. There lies the value
you might be able to afford NUJS, but with that logic no way you'll get NUJS.
You might be able to get into Jindal as well, but with your logic you’re never going to be in a position to afford it
What rubbish comments! If you have Sports Authority of India next door that does not mean you own it. You can at best periodically use it from time to time. It is Olympians who get priority over it.
Only people with inferiority complex would need to 'own' everything under the sun. Others are happy enough to be able to use things as and when necessary.
Yes, assuming your parents don't object to wasting more money to achieve the same goals. The return in terms of luxury will be higher though, that's undeniable.
A 40-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 10-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 1-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 85-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 66-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 30-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.