Read 24 comments as:
Filter By
I am an associate at a law firm who moved back to my ancestral home during Covid.

With news of law firms opening up - this may be a good space to collect timelines and precautions being taken by the firms + associates/partners (in their individual capacity) so that we can collectively benefit.

I am nervous about travelling again and finding a house (if required to move back to Bombay) and more worried about the commute, and enclosed office spaces, once I am there.
Vaccine lagvao. Mask and sanitizer use karo aur kaam pe chalo. Isme mushkil kya hai bro.
Kaam toh ghar se bhi ho raha hai. Traffic and commute mai tumhe mazza aata hai kya, bro? In addition to taking on the risk that remains regardless of taking precautions, bro?
Itne mein nervous ho gaye tum πŸ˜‚ All offices everywhere are opened now mostly. Govt offices etc all working in rotations etc. Only law firms and courts continue to do restrictive working. Time for them to be opened now too.
Govt offices opening have also been the cause of nearly everyone attending office getting covid, despite all alleged precautions.

It's too early for law firms where work has not been impacted during WFH.

Courts I can understand, as a number of advocates entire livelihood has been destroyed over the last year.
Makes me think that this is worst time to be a lawyer. Salaries have been same since forever and now phasing out of WFH which easily saves about 20k at least for anyone, makes our salaries more uncompetitive vs other professions.
Caselaw google karne aur pleadings copy paste karne ka lakhon rupaye deti hain lawfirms. Isse acchi deal kis profession mein hai :P
Tumko court mein jaake gapp maarne ke paise deti hai tumhari law firm/chamber?
My boutique firm started 2 days a week.

Zilch precautions. There are sanitizer bottles kept around which no one really uses. Masks come off after entering office.

I live in Andheri West. Commuting is an absolute pain without local train. BEST is simply not viable for my commute route. Can't afford Ola/Uber/auto/taxi everyday; will end up spending 33-50% retainer on commute at this rate if office were 5 days a week. Can't take scooter in rain, might die. Can't afford car, its mileage (especially while petrol is 110), and parking charges. Absolute clusterf**k.

I've asked for full time WFH, will put in papers if refused.
@Kian what's up with oddly high amount of downvotes for an hour long thread?
It just looks like a popular thread that a lot of people have opinions on? We'll look into whether there are any technical issues also...
There were 50+ downvotes to OP when the post said "1 hour ago". Any other thread seeing this type of traction? To me this appears to be an attempt at astroturfing
Yeah. Highly suspicious. This and the other thread on CAM opening office. Seems like bots or law firm lackeys voting as per firm position to try and portray public support.
Listen self obsessed commenter this is not a point that important nor is there a firm important enough that bots will be bought in for fake likes/dislikes.seriously.
Just because you SAs, PAs have gotten used to the slavery, doesn’t mean everyone has to. One can whine, and still work at the same place because they have to. Now go back to working on a friday night, nahi to Partner aajayega πŸ™ƒ
use sanitizers...wear mask all the time unless of course you are eating or drinking something (maintain social distance of double the recommended measure when without a mask while eating/drinking)..sanitize your desk, door handles/knobs, washbasins, lift buttons etc.
Any one has info on how serious CAM is on opening offices in October!?
Associates have gotten used to sleeping at noon and saying power nahi hai all that nonsense. Almost everyone has got two shots mostly at firm cost. Should come back to office to work. Office has been opened for working there not at ancestral home sitting under tree sipping lassi. Or sitting in some mountain village and claiming no internet. Everyone should come back to office and work appropriately as is required
A 19-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.