Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
Hi, I have been doing some litigation research for a case and I am not too familiar with corporate transactions. Our adversary claims that they started and completed an asset transfer M&A deal in 5 days. That's from start to finish. Is that possible?
What's the fastest M&A that any of you have done?
Are you referring to your acquisition of 1 dominos cheese hurts pizza for which you signed the SPA at 11.45 pm and closed the transaction upon delivery of the full pizza free of any encumbrances at 12.15 am the next day?
8 days from TS signing, review of VDDR, documentation to closing.

Highlights:

I slept a total of 10 hours over those 8 days.

Lived only on a combination of redbull, pizza, coffee and Pan-D capsules.

Spent about 60% of that time in a conference room entirely with the other side lawyers. Actually became really good friends with my counter-part.

Yelled (literally) at my partner for trying to go home at 10.30 PM while we were taking a break during negotiation.

Drafted an absolutely insane earn-out clause at about 3.30-4 AM in the morning which to this day maybe my best work.

Was insane but so SO satisfying. Wish all deals closed that quickly. Also got a vacation of about 3 weeks for closing the deal that quickly and with that many things moving.
Possible, depending on how fast parties can agree to documents and the nature of assets to be transferred.
1 month as a minority investor in a PE transaction. The DD from the other side and negotiations were slow. Still a month