Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
Does S&R Associates offer PPOs to 5th year interns? What would be some tips you would provide for securing a PPO with them?
Don't bother. S&R has become precariously top-heavy, with some of its partnership promotions from yesteryears. This fact is made evident from (a) its ever-shrinking partner to associate ratios (meaning that some partners aren't meaningfully and proportionately bringing in new work/clients) and (b) attrition levels - especially amongst lawyers who’ve invested a good number of years there. S&R grooms fine lawyers, no doubt. Most of them, sadly, aren't partner material - simply for the fact that they aren't taught or even encouraged to draw in more business/ new clients. I am sure that S&R even recognise this problem and prefer to live with it. The β€˜quality vs quantity’ conundrum perhaps has something to do with this.
I concur. Having spent all of my working life here I can see this in motion.
S&R is hiring associates at a quick rate. When I joined, it was almost always highly ranked people they went after. Now we can see them going down the CGPA list.
What snobbery. The promoters have finally realised that quantity over quality means more money.