Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
The A0 pay is lowest at SAM & CAM. AZB, L&L (and now S&F), KCO, Trilegal all pay quite a bit more in that order (extra equivalent to almost more than a month's salary at SAM). Yet SAM & CAM continue to be the top preference for most students and as per seniors. Is there any reason for this? One can still understand the wish to stay away from the top 3 paymasters [i.e. AZB for the worse hours, L&L & S&F for the ongoing issues] but how come Trilegal & KCO haven't become the top choices. For someone just filling their Day 0 preferences, does it not make sense to choose these 2 over SAM & CAM? Pls help.
Agreed, other tier 1 pay firms more than CAM and SAM. The major reason that SCAM remains the first choice of all students is the learning culture at these places. These firms have an inherent slightly better learning culture than the rest for A0s.
They have majority of the home grown partners and a set system in place to ensure a little better training of the new associates.
Also, SCAM carry very big brand value. Honestly, there is no legal job in India that will not hire you once you have an experience working at SCAM.

Plus, SCAM are a very marks oriented firm. They recruit only toppers from NLUs. So, students like to associate with the brand that they are working with the peers who are toppers of theu respective NLUs.

That being said, other tier 1 firms are equally good and you should be content with whichever you get.
Please do your diligence. The guaranteed pay is not the marker. By this logic, S&R only pays some 13-14LPA. But the bonus outstrips all this.
Perhaps, I am making a mistake somewhere. How is guaranteed pay not the marker? Are you suggesting that CAm/SAM end up paying even more than guaranteed 15 lakhs?
CAM's actual salary would actually be lower than SAM's because SAM has no variable component for A0s - only 15 LPA fixed. CAM gives 13.5 and a variable bonus upto 1.5 lacs. So yeah, in terms of pay CAM is closer to Indus and likes. Not even the top 5.
CAM pays full 1.5 Lakhs bonus to A0s. How is it lesser than SAM which pays 15 Lakhs base without bonus?
hi they dont pay any bonus starting A1. Bonus means chance to make no payment and not performance based compensation to excite associates for CAM, They're the most stingy and greedy people in the market. Just get on a call with the HR once on PPO and A0 offer, you will block her.
I know for a fact that SAM was paying more in 2019 than KCO when I joined. Same for AZB.
Another day zero guy bumping this up again for advice. Also @5. KCO: Not sure about 2019 but currently the difference is definitely significant and KCO pays more. AZB pays a LOT more. Almost 1.5-2 months of A0 salary more if I've the correct figure.
Not sure how much it applies today - but back in the day, people used to recommend freshers to join SAM/CAM due to their reputation in the international market.