Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
Hi everyone. Could you tell me how good NUSRL is? Also is it a tier 3 or tier 2 NLU? What about environment, study and placement schemes?
Choose Jindal and Symbi Pune/Noida over NLU Ranchi, but not Nirma, UPES, Amity, KIIT or Symbi Hyderabad.
Entirely arbitrary nonsense. The prime benefits of a top NLU are good placements and market value as an alumni. If that is ruled out, then the golden rule for anything that isn't a top tier (top 5,8 whatever) NLU is that you must consider secondary benefits like location, cost of living, whether you want to stay in a hostel or not, local culture etc.
NUSRL is one of the most expensive NLUs. Besides, the administration here will try to squeeze money from you at every possible step, in every possible manner by their arbitrary, whimsical decisions.

Entire administration behaves like a typical state University. They don't have an iota of regard for the interests of students.I think thats the case with administrations of most nlus

Infra:
Infrastructure is improving lately and this is one area where University is focussing rn.

As regards to Placements, they are slowly picking pace. Placements are greatly influenced by alumni base. Being a young law school, alumni base of NUSRL is not strong. Despite this, many students have bagged PPOs on their own in big 6.
To sum up, Placements are kinda average here but any day better than most private law schools.

Ranchi has a great weather and it compensates for lack of facilities that you would expect in a state capital. Cost of living is low when compared to other NLUs.

Overall, NLU Ranchi is an average law school. It is certainly not the best but not the worsr either.
I gree with choosing Jindal over NLU Ranchi (only if you can afford it, of course). But personally, I would prefer NLU Ranchi over Symbi any day.
Kian, if you are the only thread moderator here, then I am surprised that you missed this comment. If it's someone else, then teach that person how to moderate. This is a highly objectionable comment regardless of the number of invites that it gets from equally obnoxious people.