Read 24 comments as:
Filter By
Hi,
So I have a PPO interview schedule for the next week with the Capital Markets team. What all should I cover and focus on primarily? Any leads would be helpful. Thank you.
Ability to work 14-hour every day throughout the month, and basic English skills.
seriously, consider this - Cap Marks is the most notorious of corp practises for its working hours.
Try to answer as many wrong answer you can
And change it to different dep.
A calculator's work is more exciting than a capital markets lawyer.
There was another thread on this a few months ago. Check that. Had some useful tips
Read the SEBI ICDR Regulations, especially the definitions and Schedule VI. Read the definitions in Companies Act (Section 26, 42, 63). If you stil get time, then go through a DRHP on SEBI's website.
I have an interview with Tier 1 Capital Markets team (ML's team) of a T-2 Firm. What and how should I study for it, provided I have basic knowledge of corporate laws. Also, is there some book or other reading material on capital markets which can refer?
Hi, have moved your new thread to this one, which should answer some of your questions.
If you are joining ML's team then you need to be sharp, bold, and always on point. You may not be knowledgeable but you have to have good social skills.
How fast can you CCC (Cut, Copy and Paste) from previous documents. How much do you love your free time (because you aint gonna cut it if you want it).

Most importantly---how good are you at sucking up to your ego maniac partner?
So does he barely offer call-backs/ PPOs? Have an Indus Internship lined up
Depends on junior partner. You won't be directly working with Manan. Try to get work from Puneet, Priyadarshini, Ravi and Abhiroop (though Ravi and Abhiroop are not juniors now, they are still approachable)
The team sucks, hence the attrition, Delhi partners are even worse. Join SAM (Delhi) or CAM (Mumbai) for capmarks NOT INDUSLAW.
I have a SAM Mumbai and Indus Mumbai internship lined up. I tried applying to CAM, and even a senior Partner recommended me, but the HR rejected it like 15 times.