Read 17 comments as:
Filter By
I read a (2015) piece on LI which was an open letter about the Jindal admin (https://www.legallyindia.com/lawschools/jgls-sonepat-open-letter-20150701-6219 - "high fees", "repressive policies" and "infrastructure crisis").

Has things changed since then? Has Jindal admin student friendly/sensitive or does it remain the same?
It's become worse. Admin doesn't even listen to students, scholarships have reduced, fees has increased (freshers are now paying 9 lakhs). The campus size (other than hostels) has remained the same so you now have 7000 students in a smaller space. Most good professors have left Jindal for their PhD or for better opportunities. You now have 23-24 year old "professors" with an LLM from QMUL teaching full courses. UGC doesn't allow this but Jindal is now an Institute of Eminence so they can do whatever they want

Nice that you reposted that open letter though. Unfortunately, Kian has disabled comments on the original post. I wonder how much Jindal paid LegallyIndia, probably part of the money LI got for carrying the Number 1 law school advertisements :)
Why is this moderated as facts contested Kian? The first part is absolutely true. Second part also seems true, I can't comment on the post anymore so you have blocked it.

Legallyindia rarely carries any student complain when JGLS students reach out to them. It's only reasonable to assume there's some bias there :)
I was a student of Jindal and now have a sibling studying there. The place has only deteriorated further. It's become a mass producing, assembly line industry. The administration has no time for student grievances and are busy solely with marketing. Good faculty have left due to the pathetic state of affairs and many plan to leave. The new faculty do have a Masters degree but are hardly good at teaching. Don't go by self-congratulatory Jindal sponsored ads, it's quite misleading. Speak to students inside and you'll know how disappointed they are. Forget comparing Jindal to NLS. It is rather Amit with more luxury and slightly better faculty. Period.
All the same, if not worse. Most recent event - final year student asks Jindal admin to comply with BCI/UGC regulations; admin responds with 3 Disciplinary Committee notices, not letting him sit for Day Zero, and asks him to consult a therapist because he is mentally ill.

Ask any JGLS student for details. There's an entire email and video about it
Can more details about this be shared here? Did the student file any complaint with the BCI or UGC?
Some of the violations were
1. Admitting 70-80 students per section which is more than the BCI limit of 60 students
2. Not providing fee breakdown (UGC requirement)
3. Retrospectively changing scholarship policy
4. Hostel, library seating infra not as per rules
5. Not appointing an ombudsman as per UGC rules
6. Sexual Harassment Committee not having an NGO member. There's a NGO member named but that person has no idea they're actually part of the SHC and were under the impression that it got dissolved two years back. The SHC (named COGSASH in Jindal) also doesn't publish a report that is mandated by law

I am not sure if the concerned individual has tried approaching UGC and BCI. However, many alumni have tried to bring this to their attention during their time at Jindal. They were either bullied by Jindal admin or UGC/BCI just turned a blind eye to their complaints (possibly under pressure from Jindal)
Kian/LegallyIndia team - how is this even moderated as facts contested? You really have some Jindal bias. How much did they pay you over the last year?
This post just mentions the allegations. You really can't be so overtly supporting Jindal. I remember a time when LI was a free space.
I see. So you independently verify every comment before moderating them? Or is it only when Jindal is involved? What a load of BS.

Verify it from these links if you want. Please remember that the comment is saying that a student has made allegations. Don't now ask me to go and verify these allegations also (although any JGU student can do that as well)
1. https://twitter.com/sivm2021/status/1432578486607089666
2. https://www.instagram.com/p/CTIGtl4JvB9/
Jindal has a history of intimidating students with Disciplinary Committee hearings and suspensions if they challenge the administration. I remember such things happening in the last decade for simple things like students filing RTI applications.
Latest update - Admin is threatening the concerned student with another Disciplinary Committee hearing (this time by a "Special" committee made for this purpose. They have also threatened legal action against him. If this doesn't show why the open letter showed the truth, I don't know what will.

Hope all the Jindal lovers finally wake up and see what a despicable place it is. Btw @Kian/LI - Hope you don't moderate this as "facts contested" and finally see what kind of people you are in bed with. Please cut your ties with Jindal. Why do you want to be associated with an institute that is harassing people?

Ciao.
I'm not sure of legal representation as there's no formal legal proceeding and it's still a threat. The Student Council is currently assisting him for the Disciplinary Committee hearing tomorrow. We're also trying to call out the authorities and place pressure on them. It would be great if you could support us on Twitter, LinkedIn etc

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/rahul-verma-76638921b_education-law-india-activity-6838385716033073152-Kofs
Disciplinary committee part is even worse. I am personally beeen threatened all the time. Jindal cares about fees and their faculty, students are last on their list. I was in a very bad state mentally, no friends could not fit in their environment, as I am extreme introvert I didn’t open to many other except a professor. The professor behaved like she cared but in reality she didn’t, she started shouting at me to not talk about anything except academic. She send me to head of 5 year programme to give me the scares. I fall into depression, have suicidal thoughts. Next they send me home, I inform about it in class indirectly. Now that professor is bullying me with a Disciplinary Committe warning, with university taking her side. My life is disposable to Jindal as they will get someone else to fill my spot and regain the lost revenue, but professor feeling bad is unthinkable to them. They are preventing me from returning to campus, a contract which we have with good host spacing and not Jindal. The counsellor at Jindal are puppets of the administration, they do as admin wants.
They are even fine with sexual harassment claims against prof and set bar extremely high if you have to report against a professor, such so that you can never prove and they can punish you.
The professors at Jindal are very superficial in their nature, they will communicate something and mean something else, they will betray students trust. But will happily use their tuition money for research which is what Jindal is only interested in. Professors will happily see students sucide, get students fee, high salary and research money.