Read 39 comments as:
Filter By
I have an offer from Trilegal. I am in double mind since I heard that around 10 lawyers (including senior levels) quit one of the teams because of toxic work culture in last two months. Is the work culture same in all teams?
Can someone also shed light on which teams at Trilegal have a bad work-life balance?
Don't worry. The team you are talking about is [...] team ([...]'s).
Apart from [...]'s team, rest of the teams are chilled.
[...]'s team earns around 20% of the firm's revenue [...]
Can anyone working/having worked in [...]'s team throw light on exactly what was wrong with the team? I have heard only some vague stories as nobody wants to take any names
There is nothing specifically wrong with [...] team. [...] The work ([...]) can be attributed to how [...] functions ya.

It's fantastic money.
I had recently interned with the team and yes, even though the work was hectic, the people around me seemed to be really nice and friendly.
No. It's one of the least toxic firms. People are different, yes some can be toxic.

Except some rare ones in every team you have to work atleast 12 to 14 hours a day. Your deliverable must be ready - a few times they may tolerate excuses. There will be work on the weekends thou it's officially not working. Atleast for the first 5 to 7 years, you won't have much say - on setting your terms of work .
What are the working hours like on weekends? Is it the same 12-14 hours or are the weekends more relaxed?
Busy teams have 14 hours everyday. There are no weekends, sadly. This is not with trilegal but with almost all tier 1 firms. Whatever they say. Don’t believe them.
Replacements will come in a week. Not a big deal. Probably with 3 to 4 years experience at a competition team from smaller law firms. Not very hard. Anyways 60% is expected to leave in a few years. If you can't make it, that means you are not suitable for a firm life.
The news is correct. I know which team you are talking about and the associates who have quit without any secured future prospects. That is why Trilegal head-hunters are contacting everyone at Linkedin and making frantic calls to associates in other firms to fill the void.
If you have an offer from them and don't have an offer from anyone else, what is to think about? Just take it.
[...] runs a very profitable practice! Very!

It's not easy to be one of the most profitable partners in this practice.

I am not saying it's easy to work with [...]. But you think working with the best lawyers, who pay A Lot is easy? Working with Cyril Shroff, Zia or anyone else is 'easy'? It cannot be a 9-6 job!

[...] is very fair and protects her team. [...] is values loyalty. There are many good things about [...]. But yes, you want a 9-6 job- please crack a govt job.
If you think that government officials who crack UPSC exams work 9-5, you are living in a very very narrow, full of toxic corporate culture kind of a world of your own :)
10 associates leaving in a matter of two months without jobs in hand and during the pandemic. Something must have been seriously wrong.
How much would [...] be making an year as [...] is running the most profitable team in Trilegal?

Around 5 crores?
Some of the firm's partners have started a PR drive on linkedin to show the positives xD

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/adhunika-premkumar-083b8244_so-much-has-been-written-about-the-pandemics-activity-6818039452120686592-cHcu

So much has been written about the pandemic's effects on personal life, professional life, productivity, efficiency, mental health, etc. I have read many articles and have connected with most of them. Despite understanding the situation, I still yearn to go back to my workplace. Why is this? What am I missing? Over the weekend, I spent some time thinking about it and here is my list:

1. My colleagues - I realized that a simple wave from our security person or a cheering good morning from our receptionist made me feel a little more human in this technology-driven world! It made me smile, respond and connect to co-workers. The ability of my co-workers to say or do the rights things at the right time has helped me sail through tough days!

2. The working environment - the office set-up channels your brain in a way that you feel like working. While I love my workstation (that I have decorated in my little way), I miss the environment that encourages brainstorming sessions, debates, discussions, etc. I do not say that these things are impossible virtually, but I believe that these discussions are more efficient when done face to face. Being together in a physical space not only makes people approachable but also makes them more accountable. Remember the days when you were a little more alert as your senior was around?

3. The little things - At the office, people sense how the other feels and make small gestures to make their day. A word of appreciation, a smile or just a thoughtful phrase like "tomorrow will be a better day" makes a lot of difference. Imagine on a closing day, your senior walks out saying, "good job". Not only did this make your day but also theirs because they saw your reaction to that phrase.

4. Social events - Workplaces tend to encourage celebrations and events. Festivals, farewell, retreats are all viewed as ice-breaking sessions. A few years ago, the theme for one of our retreats was "Pause". I understand its importance more now. While social events help in connecting people, they also remind people to pause and unwind. Small things like a weekly quiz used to make Fridays joyous!

5. Commute - I never thought I would say this. I have always been whiny about my long commute to and from work. Recently, I attended a session where the speaker spoke about the importance of a commute. From that day, I no longer view my commute as a waste of time. I see it as an opportunity to plan my day, unwind from work, listen to podcasts or music, or observe the bougainvillea trees near traffic junctions.

I often hear people say - work from home is the new norm. Yes, it definitely is and will remain so. That said, I still cannot wait to get back to the office with my colleagues and experience the above mentioned again! I hope those days come back soon. Meanwhile, tell me, what are you missing most from the office?
A 26-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 115-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 223-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 64-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 69-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 3-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 7-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.