Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
Hahahaahaaaaa

I asked a similar question - whether it's possible to prepare for PCSJ and SEBI along with 2PQE.

You will get the most depressing answers. As the people reading this thread will be naturally sadistic - late at 2 AM overworked and commenting. Don't expect a single positive answer about anything in life here in Legally India threads.
Or you have been sold glorified dream and how easy it is to get since you are already a 2PQE. Just people people don't say things you want to hear doesn't make their answers depressing.
It's quite difficult. 12000 people competing for 12 general seats. I came close to being on shortlist for interview in Phase 2, but Phase 2 paper was extremely tricky in my opinion. Questions were mostly bare act based and they kind of expected you to memorize the bare acts.
There are only a few things I hate more in this world than memorising bare acts.
Very difficult paper I would say. Sab upar se gaya tha. God knows why there were so many banking related queries. Attempt first and if you get through, there will always be time to think whether you need to take the plunge
Phase 1 was easy but Phase 2 was quite tricky. Also, there are like thousands of candidates for very few seats.
Hey, like any other exam in this country, it unfortunately requires a fair bit of mugging up. If one prepares for the exam exclusively, the prep will require anywhere between 2-3 months. If you are currently working, it will be a slightly lengthier process and might require consistent efforts for 4-5 months (depending on how efficiently you use your time balancing work and studies). However, its certainly doable and I have heard of people cracking it while working in a law firm.

Whether it's worth it or not depends on what you want. If you are in a tier-1 firm and are ready to take a pay-cut in exchange for other benefits like work-life balance, stability etc., please go for it by all means. The opportunities should be the same as a law firm and sometimes even better since the regulator is relatively dynamic and has a good reputation.