Read 34 comments as:
Filter By
Came across a thread on [...] courses where a lot of feedback was given that the courses aren't worth it. This is very helpful given that a lot of unsuspecting students / young professionals may have been incentivized to take them up.

What about this other agency? Again, a little dubious because the founders barely have any experience themselves, so not sure if they're in any position to be giving gyaan.
I can't berate anyone for trying to make a buck and the entrepreneurs are putting some sweat and blood behind these efforts, so it's not that they're a "scam" per se. That said, I have reservations against recommending them to anybody.

1. Too many of the founders' posts simple peddle a "work hard" narrative that feeds into a feeling of FOMO. In a nearly dead job market, it makes students feel that they are the issue. You're simply not doing enough, so here's a boot camp to work on yourself. It's predatory.

2. The founders push a simple narrative structure with each post. I did [thing]. I failed at [thing]. I, like you, was a failure because of my inability to do [thing]. I discovered [a secret]and now I can do [thing]. Wonder how you can be a part of this elite club of former failures? Pay us [x amount] and we will let you in on [the secret]. This tells young students that they're being left out of something they didn't even know they needed in the first place.

3. [...] No M&A attorney at that level knows what it is like to "make it". With all my years behind me, I don't claim to know half of what makes someone successful enough to be emulated by impressionable students. Because of this, the entire goalpost of WW is to get students 'law-firm ready' whatever that means. Anyone already in a law firm knows that you learn on the job and no amount of training can prepare you beforehand. Students don't know this and think that simply getting into a law firm equates to success. Kids are therefore being sold a lofty dream that doesn't translate to reality.

In sum, I congratulate the entrepreneurial spirit of lawyers who don't want to grind it out at a law firm. But I cannot in good faith appreciate a business model that runs on pushing a pipe dream to students who have to borrow money from parents to watch high resolution videos of Gopal Sankaranarayanan.
why won't you guys read books, commentaries, articles, case laws, watch lectures. what is this fascination with certificate courses. they have nil cv value. speak to your seniors, take guidance on how to train yourselves. i am assuming even if you're coming from a not so well law school, there must be someone from your law school who would be doing well in life after graduating. you can approach people through LinkedIn, ask them for guidance. i tell you if you come across as genuine most will go lengths to help you out. also, don't just assume that if someone works at xyz law firm, his word is the gospel.

worldwise courses are relatively cheaper than lawsikho. spending anything more than 2-3000 on such courses is waste. take your gf out on a date instead.
Take your girlfriend on a date to see she going with a Guy with PPO after 5 years?

Better you burn that 3K.
News flash: Women are more than capable of paying the bill themselves. Why don’t you use a gender neutral term, like partner, instead? People like the one on 3.1 will jump on any opportunity to present women as gold diggers.
my earlier comment responding to you was not published. I reiterate what I said earlier, that people in LI should not be expected to display gender sensitivity when the conversation thread prima facie doesn't require one to be gender sensitive. That being said it wasn't meant to be in a derogatory sense. I did not mean to imply women are gold diggers. I think it is normal for a person to take their girlfriend or boyfriend, parents, family and friends to a restaurant and treat them (for free). I am just a guy, commenting in between breaks and should not be expected to they/them every time I post a comment on LI much like any other guy/girl. However, I appreciate your activism, we need more people like you in this world.
Guy's don't care whether a girl has a PPO or a Magic Circle Training Contract. Girls do and won't usually go with guys who have no career prospects.

Do you know any guy who ditched his girlfriend for not having a job? Rarely. The other way round always happen.

No need to be super woke and politically correct all the time.
How many boys do not want a fair skin, thin, complaint girl who will follow and obide by them and be a child making factory
How many guys reject a girl because she didn't get a PPO/Job and has less career prospects - very hard to find.

The reverse happens on a daily basis. Either you are trying to make a shit show or you don't know anything about the world you are living in and living in a dreamy PC paradise.

It's not a question whether girls can pay the bill or not. A Guy's chance of getting kicked out is almost very high when he doesn't get a job. Not the other way around.
They do reject us on the basis of our job/income. Happened with me twice. Once when I took a pay-cut to join a smaller firm for better work life balance and second time when I left my job to prepare for civils.
Dont berate the founders just because you couldn't think of an equally brilliant scheme. The courses are excellent and are taught by extremely knowledgeable NLU grads in addition to stars like Mr. Sondhi. Please don't spread hate here.
Which comment here is "berating" anyone? What is so brilliant about a scheme that literally every industry is peddling to students? Industry veterans coaching college kids in exchange for a hefty monthly sum isn't a new idea really. Mr Sondhi also puts out an incredible amount of content in the form of free videos, not behind a paywall.
The difference between this course and other courses [...] is that you have knowledgeable NLU grads to constantly give rigorous exercises for students to finish. If you haven't taken a single course, I suggest you stop commenting
NLU grads haven't received rigorous exercises in their educational lives even once. What makes them qualified to give any?
The founder is a 2017 graduate who worked for 2 years at a tier 1's bangalore office [...] If you really want to learn the law (especially commercial laws)- download ICSI's content for free and study them diligently
Since you can no longer find the conversation on Google search, here's the thread to the conversation being referred to:

https://www.legallyindia.com/convos/topic/177006-How-are-lawsikho-courses-
Bumping this thread up because worldwide students have been getting top offers from Tier 1 law firms.
Useful typo. Worldwide, students are getting such offers. Without being students of Worldwise.
Getting "offers" for unpaid internship/ making coffee doesn't count
They've gotten much better and have come a long way since their early days. One can read any of the latest reviews on quora. Their courses may be expensive, but that's because of the value thro provide. I wasn't able to find a better, more comprehensive, and practical work - focused course than LS courses, especially for niche areas like Technology Law. They're pretty rigorous though.
I was very angry when established names like Gopal Sankaranarayanan and Sondhi were part of Worldwise's paid courses. I was enraged when Saahil (co-founder, Worldwise) posted on his linkedin that these big names did it pro-bono. Why would they charge 6K for accessing the courses if the resource persons gave the lectures for free?! 6K does not seem like a nominal fee which is being charged to cover the costs of recording and editing the videos!

(Link to post : https://www.linkedin.com/posts/saahil-dama-b59b2019b_all-the-lawyers-that-we-created-courses-with-activity-6806474155723128832-XGIj)
A 7-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.