Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
Hey!
I am looking for consultancy services to pursue LLM in foreign universities. I know about LLM Wizards but want to know about some more.
Hello Struggler

Last year, I was quite confused and was struggling to find a proper consultancy platform. I am absolutely happy with my experience and the fact that I am gonna fly to Oxford to pursue BCL should be a good enough reason to go ahead with them

I think you should go for it without any hesitation. They are highly professional and pretty experienced.

Good luck and Best Wishes
What value do these guys add in this day and age? I mean I can research the course and program on my own and am fairly sure can draft a decent CV. As far as SoP is concerned I don't see why I will not reach out to alumni of places where I am applying for their feedback. You reach out to 3-5 on LinkedIn and at least one will agree to do the review. So where is the value add, am I missing something here guys?
do it on your own:

first, select which country you want to do your llm from, UK/US/Aus/Canada

if you are from a NLU and you are within the top 10% then try for oxbridge/ivy, you may also try for scho, for non nlu you would have to be in top 1%

if you are from a NLU and between top 10-40% and your marks is more than 65% then you may try for oxbridge/ivy but scho is diffi, for non-nlu you have to be in top 15%

outside these as long as your marks is more than 55% for NLU and 60% for non nlu you would get into russel group uni in UK, and non-ivy league in the USA.

however, if your sop is compelling then you may score a place in the ivy or oxbridge with a 55%+ marks
This sounds encouraging, so would you say unis like LSE, SOAS, UCL , Kings would accept lower ranked tier 1 NLU grads?
Oxbridge/ivy don't care if you are from NLS or some local XYZ college. The only thing that matters is that you have a decent grade (preferably top 5-10% of the batch), an all rounded CV and a very compelling SOP. I personally know people who completed their undergrad from shitty law schools in India and have gone to pursue their llm fomr ivy/oxbridge.
If someone is from a NLU with 65%+ and already has a LLM from SAU with 80%+.
And they want to pursue another LLM from a UK based college.

Also, do they need to write TOEFL or something?
email the llm coordinator of the law school or check out the relevant pages on the uni website

most uk law schools would ask for ielts 6.5 or more, however many lower russels would take students without them if you can say that you have done schooling from a central board and your undergrad was taught in English etc.
I think getting a second LLM shouldn’t be a problem. If by SAU you mean the South Asian University, then that is the better choice for LLM in international law in India. Can’t say anything about an English proficiency test. Maybe you can provide a certificate from your university confirming the mode of teaching to be in English.
Very recently, my senior from NALSAR has started this initiative, CollegeIt. I don't think it is a full fledged consultancy service yet but you could write to them on Linkedin for general advice. They know a lot of people who went to top foreign universities for LLMs, maybe they are able to connect you with someone who can help.
All the best!
A 19-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Foreign LLM is a scam. Harvard Law is not worth 60 + lakhs. It's also run by law firm washouts (check the profiles of faculty there)

Instead of Harvard, why don't you guys read US Bare Acts, Law Books and watch free classes on YouTube?
And how will watching YouTube videos help with foreign qualification? I also don't think that being a "law firm washout" is bad. If anything, these people realised that there is more to life than the stupid work that corporate lawyers do.

You know what I smell from your comment? Someone who is salty that they couldn't get into Harvard Law.
Not that you asked, but just a piece of advice because I’m awake and scrolling. You really, really don’t need to take these services. The application process and the course itself (lol) takes up a lot of money. You can manage these applications yourself. If you have questions just reach out to people who have done their LLMs on LinkedIn. I always try to respond and help anyone who reaches out to me. I’d be happy to help you. You could leave an anonymous email here if you don’t want to disclose your identity.
Agree with this comment. Don't waste your time on consultancy services. Reach out to your own friends / alumni or even random LinkedIn folks who have done their LLMs at your target universities. I personally also help as many LLM aspirants as my time would allow. Ask these people for sample SOPs and get at it. As for the rest, your grades and work experience matter tremendously. Good luck and seriously save your bucks.
Agree that LLMs are simply not worth the money people spend and no, you absolutely don’t need services to apply.
Hi. Any experience with how these career counsellors like Education Pathways are? TIA.
A 2-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 3-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.