Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
I was wondering if the SBAs could ask for coaching centres for careers above and beyond law inside of campus. I came to know that JGLS is setting coaching centers for CAT, GMAT, GRE, TOEFL etc inside their campus. I think this is a really good idea that NLUs can adopt too. Especially for NLUs in outskirts of cities.
Not feasible because the number of students going for these tests is incredibly less (sometimes single digit) at NLUs - which will not attract any valuable coaching institute/teacher to live in an NLU on the outskirts. It makes sense for JGLS because of their batch size, which results in so many more students appearing for these exams. And for NLUs in outskirts - why will any coaching institute teacher want to travel to/live in outskirts to teach 15-20 students for these tests? The teacher can instead make so much more money and have so much more visibility teaching in the main city - wherever they may be located.
True. In IIT's and NIT's it is feasible because of bigger number of students (upto 10'000 in a University) while NLU's have less than 500. Also many IITians prepare for CAT, TOEFL etc. While it is rare to see law school students preparing for the same.
Good suggestion and must happen, but why only management exams? Why not UPSC and judicial?
Judicial - in majority of NLU's students are interested in Corporate or Litigation. Judicial Services is not preferred by many. Maybe in some select colleges it will work; CNLU or RMLNLU.

Especially in Top 6 NLU's Judicial Services is not even considered as a lucrative job.
Not entirely accurate. A lot of LLM students from the NLUs opt for the judiciary, as do around 5-8% of the LLB batches of some NLUs at least.
"A lot" was used in relation to the LLM batches, not the LLB ones. There the ratio would be almost 50%.
Quote:
I came to know that JGLS is setting coaching centers for CAT, GMAT, GRE, TOEFL etc inside their campus.
Kina, if true please give us details. Are they doing IAS coaching also?