Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
Who in India is the highest billing partner in a law firm and how much? Managing partners to be excluded.
Adding contrast to the question: can a partner, if they want, delegate everything to their PAs and SAs and just chill apart from the occasional big client call?

Is it practically possible?
Most do that. Especially in lower/ 2 onwards tier set ups. Although it may by case and may be the exact opposite if the partner is ambitious, and wants to be more than his title in a firm.
No.

The buck stops with the partner, not the PA/Associate, whoever. Moreover, it depends on who has brought the client in. If the partner has brought the client, partner will obviously want to be on top of things - hence involved. If somehow an associate has brought the client, associate will want to know what's happening. If the partner has just been given some work regarding the client, might delegate but will still have to review because any screw up will be pinned on the partner - not an associate.
Mohit Saraf anyday...he works 24/7...very hard-working, man's a money-machine!
It's me. I never bill until I'm three joints and a couple brownies down. Then it's just indiscriminate 4 hour block entries for everything. Reviewed the new A0s crap DD draft? 4 hours. Ate too much dal makhni and took a 3 hour nap? 4 hours. Went over my third set of divorce papers in 5 years? 4 hours, you guessed it right.