Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
People from tier 3 cities / small towns in India - did you guys find it difficult to settle in your law school (particularly, in the top 5-6 NLUs)? I am from a very small town in north India and dreading going to college (once things are normal). Big city/ metro kids are so entitled and almost everyone knows everyone , hard to fit in..
It takes some time to settle. If you can find some good friends, then it's quite easy to manage.
Used to be an issue in Law School at one point, but these days the bulk of the student body are from smaller towns. So its much easier, don't worry.
STAY away from so called SOBO kids.
Don't have anything other than free ki daru to offer
I'd say things have improved over the years, elitism has reduced over the years due to more folks coming from smaller towns (particularly from up North, don't know why folks down South outside the metros still generally don't look beyond engineering and medicine). Sure there might be slight grouping by class but things have improved on that front tbh.
I'm from a barely Tier 2 city. I found no difficulty whatsoever in adjusting socially, in fact I observed that those who cried about this so called elitism (which exists, but very less especially in the Boys Hostel) and made up this own mental block had a much harder time in adjusting because of their own mindset. Everyone was super open to talking to each other, of course those who are familiar with each other/have mutual friends will be more familiar with each other at first, but that doesn't mean they won't talk to you.

Keep this whole Tier X city thing out of your mind and go in with a +ve mind and talk to everyone, if someone is an elitist prick, more people than you will dislike him so don't worry.
Speaking about NLUD, the vast majority of the student body is not from a Tier-1.