Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
It would be interesting to know their names and their career paths after their MBA. From what I have seen, NLU grads tend to go to ISB or the less prestigious IIMs, as competition for IIM A/B/C is cut-throat and requires 1 to 1.5 years of prep, which is hard for lawyers.
I have seen a few HNLU and RMLNLU alumni getting into IIM A. I guess they went there right after college.
I personally know of 2 GNLU alumni who have gotten into IIM-A right after law school. Himanshu Sharma (2010-15 batch) and Rishabh Bajpai.
I know at least 3 people personally who graduated from NUJS and eventually got through to one of the IIMs mentioned. However, none of them did so straight out of campus though. All had at least 2 years of work ex.
Another from the 2016 or 2017 batch had gotten into IIM-A without any work ex.
How can we trust these messages when names are not being given to verify? Already one post is fake news as the person is in XLRI not IIM A/B/C.
It's a good trend to see NLU graduates explore a different career option. Two great MBA admits from NUJS this year itself:

1. Varun Srivastava (2018) : Wharton (arguably the best b-school in the world)
2. Hita Agarwal (2019): IIM-Calcutta

I'd also read a great interview by Himanshu Sharma from GNLU who had gotten into IIM-A a few years back: https://superlawyer.in/himanshu-sharma-mba-candidate-iim-ahmedabad-studying-mba-iima/

Also, I remember seeing on LinkedIn someone from NALSAR who got into IIM-A this year.