Read 55 comments as:
Filter By
Is CAM offering limited internship opportunities at the moment? At least, that's what I have been given to understand.
With the current rate of associates attrition, I won't be surprised if CAM shifts to an only-Partner-Interns model.

Talk about being top-heavy, Cyril really needs to do something and soon. By the time he announces pay hikes and work-life reforms - there'd be no one left.
Didn't they announce that very detailed WFH model recently, hybrid work and all that? What came of that? Same as Khaitan I would assume, exists only on paper and in the imagination of HR
The very detailed 5-pronged WFH model was in very less detail dismissed by the great Shroff in his next townhall when he said "We were considering hybrid models, but now I'm told everyone wants to come back to office."

Really? Who is telling you all this? I have lost my own friends and family to COVID and given a choice I would never want to see a physical office space in my life.

This is exactly the reason why people are leaving. Forget listening, they don't even pretend like they are hearing anyone. Every month he likes to remind people "you will be called back to office with 3 weeks notice".

Hybrid model, my arse! CAM's HR policies are like Adani stocks - highly inflated but actually worthless.
CAM is great at marketing it's policies like they are game changers for industry.Tajw this WFH model pilicy announced which they have not followed and are now adamant about wanting to open offices physically even when employees are resisting it.CAM will keep losing credibility in front of employees who will then just leave.This pandemic has changed a lot of work dynamics.
I think why CSS pushing for physical office is maybe because deal counts going down for CAM.But imo that's because of the competition,not WFH model.Theres no point making employees come for physical office because it still won't solve the problem.
Inrerns will have good scope since Associates have left in large numbers...........given how CS commented on his partners moving to smaller platforms,next announcement will be some elaborate partner intern model for law firms and then CAM will market it like a major cost saving model saying BS that associates are redundant resources or something ............
How will the Partner Intern model last with partners are also moving out in high associate attrition was always high but apparently this time it's much beyond the normally high percentage.
Nothing of the sort. RCCs from top 5 NLUs have secured at least 5 CAM internships each
CAM ki naiya hai ram ke bharose... apni bhi naiya ko paar toh lagai de!

Refer to this link for the tune and how to sing it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3Ux5TQ4oUc (
Honest advice - don't join CAM. Cyril's visionary plan for taking CAM to the best among tier-1 includes paying the least among tier-1.

People were really looking forward to some moves on this during the Townhall. Instead he just postponed the whole matter. When his present promises of WFH are so hollow, how can anyone believe him on future promises.

That is why people leaving. CAM will be lucky if they associates till October when the next increments are announced.
CAM's insensitivity to associates in not even listening to pleas to not start physical office exposes CAM just doesn't care for employees even in pandemic.CSS made that rushed salary cut last year citing pandemic's business risk but if associates talk about risk to life family & health by physical offices in pandemic the firm shouldnt ignore them.It must be horrifying for the associates to be treated this badly, no wonder the high attrition.
The firm will frame and follow whatever policy they want to, the associates are at fault when they don't stand up for their self and safety to your employer.
See situation was that CAM framed it's policy of WFH,recall how it was announced with a whole lot of publicity and speech by CSS about attracting talent by taking their needs into consideration and............Now CAM doesnt want to comply that policy while employees are demanding that WFH within that policy should continue ........I know the situation is bad for these guys, I truly do sympathise but frankly the actual situation is astonishing of how a firm does not want to follow through with its own policy
WFH? Why now? COVID is gone. WFH is now only for convenience purposes isnt it? What if COVID hadn't come ..then what? It's not like you're sitting locked up now Stop the WFH crap. It's over. Party karne crowded kamla estates ke bar mein jaayenge lekin office nahin ayenge.
I blame the firms. They should revert to FULL WFO. This hybrid option should now be given only if there is an absolute need to WFH because of exigencies.
IMO if a list of worst law firms to work for in India comes out my guess is CAM will top that list.
CAM pays least Tier1s,always better to try first with other Tier1 that out up with such terrible treatment from the management.Physical offices at this time is just an invitation to troubles
Agreed.When CAM was first to announce salary cut last year using the pandemic as opportunity to reduce salaries,IMO it became a firm in the eyes of many to never work for.That rushed salary cut at start of pandemic was just plain horrible and more so by a profitable professional Tier1 firm.It took six months to roll back that salary cut, apparently due to pushback from employees.This has done max damage to CAM and no matter what elaborate WFH policy the firm makes (and then doesn't bother with while employees plead to not start physical offices), imo there are many who will probably never want to apply or work at this place.
CAM is anyways not anyone's top preference amongst Tier1s anymore.AZB and Trilegal are looking to become the top contender.
What is really up at CAM? Can anyone senior enough comment? @Kian, time for a story?
It looks like the Associates at CAM are rebelling against physical office and prefer the WFH model while CSS wants physical office, and because the Associates believe they are not being heard they are probably leaving out of frustrations.
Not sure what the issue is here. This person merely asked about internship availability and some have gone on to say some blatant lies in this comment section. Kian, you must start fact checking claims and censuring those comments that are spreading misinformation. Those people who are complaining are extremely privileged with rich parents to be able to contemplate leaving their jobs. Cyril said nothing wrong in and it IS true that people want to go back to office. Law firms are paying for their employees vaccinations for a reason

But to answer this chap's question, yes internships are available. Only for select few NLU students
But Cyril also said that there are people who want a long term WFH arrangement,and that's why the elaborate WFH policy. What about that?
Bhaiya waise toh main Likes v. Dislikes se kuch judge ni karta. Par yaha public sentiment tumhari soch se ikdum pareh hai.
"Those people who are complaining are extremely privileged with rich parents to be able to contemplate leaving their jobs" - What are you saying?Maybe before asking LI you should do some fact check, or at least a logic check.People who need the jobs but fed up of the unending work schedule that's torturous are the ones complaining,rich kids won't put up with this and won't complain coz they will walk away as they can afford to.The rich kids are not likely to get troubled because of their influences.Its the non rich kids who are stuck and complaining because they are stuck at CAM.
The CAM HR and RCC equation is another story altogether. They have mini show cause proceedings for why people in their batch didn't opt for CAM (and may be chose some other firm). CAM expects everyone to name CAM as their no. 1 preference, and if they don't, it loses its shit. It's hilarious to watch. Kudos to all RCC folks who have dealt with this entitled behaviour
It's pointless of paining RCC's life if people don't want or choose CAM.The firm needs to get a market reality check that there is lots of competition to attract talent.
After reading this - would it be fair to say SAM > CAM -- in terms of starting out one's career and better people?
CAM mein KAAM bahut hai par paise KAM hai. Worli mein flat ke chakkar mein humari increments bhi flat ho gayi!
ok how much do u earn as an A0 and what is the cost of the house u wanna buy....will help better understand
CAM has once again delayed the joining of the new batch from June to August. Last year they delayed it till December/January.

For a firm that keeps talking about its technology and "ahead of the curve", the level to which Cyril Shroff will go to save on money is almost chindi.
LI, can you confirm this with CAM, that they have postponed AO joining dates? Does this mean are other law firms also going to do the same?
2020 all over again?Joining postponed from June 2020 to Oct and then to Jan/Feb.CAM was last to bring in it's joiners last year,and seems to be repeating it this year. CAM doesn't care for Associates,but it's gotta realise that Associates are needed for work.Bache hue Associates bhi baag jayenge.
A 145-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
If the question pertaining to internships, changes to all the 'cons' of CAM - it really really means people hate CAM hahah.

Seems like CAM is the Vadra Congress (Antonia Maino's party) of the legal fraternity. All talk, no actions!
A 111-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.