Read 1 comments as:
Filter By
I study at a Tier 2 NLU, not the best, but fairly decent. This semester, we've been told that our new Vice-Chancellor is about to make attendance requirements very strict as per what the BCI has mandated. Does this even make sense? I feel like law is the only profession where we are told time and time again that whatever we learn in law school is not actually relevant to the profession, which is why we don't have the skills/employability that graduates from other fields may have, and why we don't deserve to get paid as much. I'd agree to a certain extent because quite frankly, the faculty at my university isn't too great, and ultimately, what they're teaching will end up being a drop in the bucket of what we're supposed to know to actually practice the law.
If this is the situation, why on earth have we had such such strict attendance requirements, both pre and post the pandemic?! Our college placements are already negligible. If the college is not going to help us get jobs, isn't not getting in the way of us interning, actually getting some hands-on learning, and possibly getting call-backs/PPOs, the least that they can do?