Read 24 comments as:
Filter By
I'll be interning at NDA this year. Could someone throw light on the best seniors/teams to work with?

This is with respect to the overall work culture, quantity of work+ call backs/PPOs.

Thanks!
The best senior would be me. They call me bhai. If you want a PPO, then I’m your best bet. The number of associates in my firm will be same as the number of hours you need to work. So that’s about quantity.
You need to have leadership qualities. Rest will follow.

You will have a lot of time to rest.
I have always wondered what NDA does. It identifies itself as a research based law firm, whatever that means, and claims to work only on a few select mandates. I have heard it has some good taxation work, and international arbitration matters (foreign seated ), but I have seldom seen them in courts (Just the usual one to two players, I think small team). It does not identify itself as a boutique law firm, nor has a big team of lawyers like their other top tier counterparts. You will not generally not see them do a lot of domestic arb too. Their publications undoubtedly are very good. Is it more like a think tank than a law firm?
The research reports are just business development. They are the first things that a phoren client sees when researching india entry, so it helps a lot with inquires.

Disputes team is quite small (~20 lawyers across all offices). But margins are much higher compared to T1 as they mostly represent phoren parties in India related arbitrations. All disputes matters are either arbitration related or tax related, not much else except writs now and then. You won't see them in Courts except in Sec 9/11/34/48 matters.
How's the TMT team at NDA? I heard they are very good.

What kind of work can I expect as an intern?
Idk everyone on LI hates NDA.No one tells anything for some reason
What do you want to know, I'll help. There are no best senior or team to work because it's a pool system. You'll be working with everyone. But also understand that we only have Vol-interns so you wouldn't get to come to office and therefore making an impression is a little difficult. Additionally, other than what you need for Normal T1s, you will need a lot more writing experience, and a research centric CV. Adding on to that, remember that their intake is very less, probably 2-3 freshers in an year, so don't make NDA your only option.

And irrespective of what people tell you at LI, think about it, a firm paying you equivalent to T1s (You'll earn a little less than your T1 colleagues because of the tax) and having a more chill life than them, sounds like a good deal. You will not see a cut throat competition here, neither will you have absurd working hours. The only downside is everyday won't be as thrilling as a T1.

So it's your decision to take, what is that you want.
If life@nda is so good then why The Great Resignation? Lost over 60 associates in last 2 yrs, 15% in last 2 months. Tell the complete story.
Thanks for the great insight. I'm an incoming paralegal at NDA and would love to chat more with you on the firm. Can we connect somewhere, please? Maybe through a pseudo email or something?
Don't worry @nda aspirant NDA is very media savvy and will make sure someone answers. It knows how to keep itself in the news.
Actually this is not a joke. NDA had its best time during the UPA time because of NMD's close association with Sam Pitroda. NMD could not build the same kind of connects with the NDA government.
I got rejected via Skillgate but want to apply again. Can I cold mail any of the partners at NDA? if yes, who is likely to respond? especially in Bengaluru
A 3-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.