Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
Two seniors from my NLU (Batch of [...]) have suddenly become LinkedIn gurus. One of them was preparing from judiciary and has now suddenly started taking courses on LinkedIn and sharing gyaan on "Litigation". One of their favourite topics is the divide between NLU and Non-NLUs and they prey on students from these Non-NLUs. [...] I am seeing many such LI Gurus, who are almost never seen in Courts, despite them coming up with anecdotes every single day.
Well, there's an opportunity - allay the insecurities of the non-nlu kids and charge them a shit ton of money for generic advice. There are so many of them now. Good business, man, good business! Some of them are good though.
Haha..i think its an extension of the influencer culture in a way. Always found it strange that people having very little to almost no expertise/qualification (maybe some experience) in subjects, turning into guides.
Even a basic background check of these influencers will reveal that they have no real experience with the areas they claim to work on: "Startup Advisors"; "Advocate at Supreme Court of India"; etc
People in India are unhappy and desperate to turn their life around. These influencers give such people false hope and and end up exploiting them financially. Kind of a MLM scheme.