Read 18 comments as:
Filter By
What is the work culture at Pioneer Legal like? Partners are from DSK, which doesn't seem to be particularly great at work-life balance. I'm trying to lateral out of a certain Tier-1 sweat shop for better work-life balance. Any other suggestions on T2/T3 firms with better work-life balance than T1s are welcome.
What a load of BS. Yes they interview a few times, but they were very good through the whole process and were quick to respond. If this did happen, they were stray incidents.
This is true. I didn’t get selected but I had a good experience.
Same question, hoping someone answers. Kian, pls publish the other comments.
Kian please publish the comment that you have moderated as 'facts contested'. On a separate thread on salaries, I noticed a comment that the experience is not good with PL, a firm which stresses on its balance focus. Would like to know the red flags.
I think that was spice route, not PL. Someone actually said on that thread that PL had a good work culture.
I'm supposed to interview for Pioneer soon.
Can someone who was hired recently share their interview experience? I know a senior who said they had two rounds, don't think they made it through (or may have rejected it for a better offer). Are they very selective?
The partners probably have too much time on their hands as the associates are doing the donkey work
Can someone give a correct picture of the firm?

What is the experience of having working / interning in PL?!?

Is it a glorified sweatshop akin to other wannabe T1s?
So...work culture is great. It can vary from partner to partner of course but very slightly, generally you'll be treated well. You'll get good work life balance usually, but there are days or even weeks when it'll be rough and you'll be working long hours. If you want a life where you get to leave everyday at 7 pm, law firm life isn't for you.
Know someone who worked there, it's the same problem with all the mushrooming new firms, absence of quality talent at the mid level. Don't think it's the right place for a fresher but might be a very good place for OP to lateral to if they're looking for a more relaxed work environment. OP should try interviewing there imo. Rajaram/Algo are also decent substitutes, with Algo, expect a pretty steep paycut in terms of variable pay (compared to A2/A3 at any T1) With the more established, older T2s, you will have the same work hours at lower pay so no point barking at that tree.
( l ) Have heard that for the past 4-5 months almost everyone at the firm has been working round the clock meeting unrealistic deadlines from clients. Work culture is decent. But such high volumes of work also reflects on how well the firm is doing in generating business.