Read 22 comments as:
Filter By
Going to be almost 2 years since Sudhir took office. What'd the verdict? Has he stood up to students' expectations?
Illogical question. Sudhir has made the best faculty hires this decade within a year and has boosted learning outcomes within law school. Many students are supremely happy with his tenure so far and don't miss Venkata Rao one bit. I want to see a verified person from law school who can say even 5 bad things about his tenure so far.
Fair enough. But what makes it an "illogical" question? Overenthusiastic much?
It is illogical because there is nothing bad to say about Sudhir's tenure.
You don't have anything to say, then don't. Who died and made you the thought police?
Idk how to verify that I just graduated from NLS but Sudhir is just hated by the student body. The decision making is quite unilateral with no scope of adjustment. He implements, we fight, but at the end, we accept because there's no other choice. Yes he's improving the college but if he doesn't pay any heed to what the students want, what use is he for the most important stakeholders in a college. And FYI, having studied 3 years in RVR era, we used to love it. Administration was friendly, now they're just scared of their superiors, because those people are in turn scared of Sudhir. I feel really sad for my juniors tbh, his "academic rigor" is not at all student friendly.
You just keep quiet buddy. What you are saying is not true. Under RVR standards slipped a lot and marks were given away freely. You can see archives on LI about a letter a guest faculty had written. There was also a freeze on faculty hires and alumni were given the cold shoulder. Sudhir is improving all that and has taken a zero-tolerance policy toward mediocrity. Hats off to him. I don't know if you are an outsider making random comments.
I'm not quite sure how you can say with so much authority that Sudhir is 'hated by the student body'. Sure he might seem a bit student unfriendly at times, but what he does is for the greater good of the institution and its students. Please remember that no institution worth its salt (eg: several Ivy's, MIT etc) has so much protestations from students.
For some reason, this sounds to me like Modi's policy. So long as you keep saying that what you are doing is for the 'greater good', regardless of whether it actually is thus, people should keep quiet and endure hardship. Example, demonetization.
Oh, God! Yet another thread on this. Can't you people just get Oyo Rooms?
In all honesty the university was going downhill when he wasn’t here and the velocity has only increased ever since he’s come. Placements are at an all time low. But we still have a corner for the old guy because he’s got to do everything in the pandemic
200% yay. Look at his achievements: excellent alumni hires, including good people poached from elsewhere + improving the PhD programme + revamped website + judgement of the Karnataka High Court striking down reservation and calling Law School a class apart.

Coming soon: alumni outreach with appointment of new alumni officer + boosting international partnerships

Find me ONE NLU VC who has done HALF AS MUCH in TEN YEARS, forget 2 years.

The haters posting here are most likely:

1. A handful of disgruntled students who are unhappy with high academic standards.

2. TLC lobby who feel Sudhir is a threat to them and will pave the way for takeovers at other NLUs

3. Jealous students of other NLUs, whose anger levels have increased after Sudhir's attempt at Claxit + poaching faculty from other NLUs + the Karnataka High Court judgment + the NIRF #1 hat trick.
Traditional Law College
Wow, life comes a full circle. Not long ago, I was asking this question on LI forums lol.
Point no.1 is 100% correct.
Point no. 3 is 50% correct.
Point no. 2 is not correct. This is like saying Rahul Gandhi is spearheading the farmers' agitstion in NCT, Delhi. ha..ha..
Really? Revamped website hahahahaha. And that judgment striking down reservation was as a result of the suit filed by the alumni association AFAIK
Fake news. Going downhill? Sudhir has an unenviable task in front of him and is taking the bull by its horns. He is steering Law School upwards since the past two years. Please don't spread your propaganda here
Best VC hands down. Other NLUs should stop being jealous and instead lobby to have their own alumni as VCs, such as Shwetha/Anup/Pritam for NALSAR, Shubhankar Dam for NUJS etc.