Read 32 comments as:
Filter By
Prabhash Ranjan joining as Vice Dean. Confirmed.

Also a popular young faculty member from a top NLU (not NLSIU )may be joining. This is still not 100% confirmed, so not giving the name yet.
Indeed, true story, thanks for sharing:

https://twitter.com/pranjan12781/status/1402837598314270724

Quote:
I will be joining Jindal Global Law School, @JindalGlobalUNI
as a Professor and Vice Dean on September 1. Very excited! I thank JGU for the trust reposed in me and will strive hard to live up to their expectations. Certainly going to miss my colleagues & students @SouthAsianUni.
Yeah hires other than tier 1 hires don’t qualify as news, right! He must’ve forgot
Agree. In fact, LI sucks bcoz it only reports firm hires/promotions and neglects the academic/NGO/govt sector.
Because Prabhash Ranjan is one of the best upcoming scholars of International Investment Law from India
Bhai Sudhir jab hire karta hai tab front page news ban jaati hai. Tab nahi pucha why is this important.
I agree. Not important. Faculty hires happen regularly. LI should start covering local college hires too if this is important. Jagran has plenty of NLU hires and what not cover lovely professional because it's lovely?
Exactly. I completely agree to what you say. Law firm hires also happen regularly. If this is important then LI should start covering tier 2 and tier 3 law firms too. Pink legal for a fact is an all women law firm hiring a lot of people and why not cover spice route legal because the news might be spicy?
What is the point of an anonymous online messaging board if you can’t even spread gossip? Tell tell ! Who is it?
QS 2022 overall rankings were released and subject rankings would release in 6 months. JGLS is probably targeting an under 50 rank, hence the surge in hires
Prabhash is an absolute legend. We spent some time at SOAS. It’s great to see him going to places. He is definitely the next big thing in legal academia. Kudos!
JGLS and NLSIU have the best faculty right now and are miles ahead of the rest. Sid Chauhan and Anup are probably the only good NLU alumni who still haven't left. Something really needs to be does about this. At the every least each NLU should designate at least 30 star alumni as visiting profs and have them give at least 5 lectures of 2 hours duration every year. That way each NLU will get 30 x 5 x 2 = 300 hours of lectures each year from star alumni.
People who talk about star alumni have actually received very little education themselves. Which is also why they are always eager to pass judgment about who is a good teacher and who is not without having any idea themselves.
@7.1.1: Actually, my undergraduate and post graduate degrees happen to be from two reputed foreign universities. Both of those happen to predate Indian NLUs by years, so I guess you may call me to be from a 'TLC background'.
A. I am 90's born. Having studied at old institutions doesn't make a person old.
B. I am not an ageist. Are you?
C. Clearly you have got nothing to say with regard to my original point. Which is why the discussion since then turned into ad hominem.
You are also privileged, elitist and not worried about showing it off. The fact that you're so proud of your parents sponsored reputed "foreign" universities degrees, and display it as a point of difference, establish the above.
Actually, you are only revealing your ignorance and making yourself the object of ridicule. I happen to have self-sponsored my entire education after the primary level, including scholarships. That's not a point that everyone likes to advertise (at least people who are not like you). As for privilege, I only mentioned my foreign degrees because again, people like you who've received very little in the way of education from these so-called NLUs make the assumption that whenever someone is contradicting your viewpoint or calling out your absurdities, then that person must not have been good enough to have made it to an NLU, but got their education from second-rung options, which is why you all have coined the term TLC, and try to use it in a derogatory manner. Anyone following this comment thread would realise that the joke is entirely upon you. You have made one wrong assumption after another, and instead of admitting your errors, kept on with the empty posturing and bluster. That is actually enough to indicate the quality of education that you have received, the institutional pedigree would be superfluous.
"self sponsored" my education after primary, that's amazing! How does that work? Did you work as a child labour and then got drafted right out of high school like Kevin Garnett? And stop quantifying others' education, your opinion isn't an universal truth. The only thing ridiculous is somebody as old as you spending so much time on an anonymous online thread telling random lies
It is clear who is the elitist here. You have got zero points to make, and no argument at all, and all that you've been doing are ad hominem attacks. So keep doing it. Given your frequent references to age, one might gather that you lack sufficient maturity regardless of your own age. As for sponsoring one's own education, you would have known that plenty of people in this country and elsewhere actually do it, had you stopped a moment living off your own parents' money throughout your life. There's no percentage in engaging with you any further, and I really do not need to establish the veracity of my statements to you. So, keep trolling.
How is that guy elitist? He is the one speaking out against the so-called 'star alumni' culture, and rightly so. That is actually the opposite of elitism. You should read and understand the meaning of words more carefully before using those at random.
Can we announce the names of the NLU profs expected to join JGLS or will that be unethical before they confirm? As it was pointed out, they are not from NLSIU but other top NLUs. Maybe LI already has spoken to them.
Nobody will join JGLS from NLSIU. You must be out of your mind. It is rather the other way roundz given the quality of students and research opportunities Sudhir is offering
Sudhir isn't offering any extra funding for research unlike JGLS. He can't afford to. Student quality is a different issue though.
A 31-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 14-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.