Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
In India signing a Contract doesn't make sense, filing a case for anything doesn't make sense. Even if I want to evict a tenant who doesn't pay rent for a year- it is impossible. Many father's wait years to see their children (Custody-Divorce) What is the point of getting a judgement after a decade, and another 2 decades for court enforcement and appeals?

Whenever I visit the Metropolitan Magistrate, there will be 100 people in an old mouldy-small room, people have to shout from the back, probably my case will never even get listed till my death.

Despite having lakhs of jobless lawyers, why can't lower courts even be filled with enough judges- recruiting a lawyer should be easy since there are lakhs of willing lawyers? Why is recruitment so slow, and infrastructure horrible? Why doesn't the 'powerful' lawyer community lobby for any meaningful change? Will this continue like this for the next hundred years?
As long as the regressive Bihar advocate gang is in charge (Law minister RS Prasad and his sidekick Manan Mishra) nothing will happen. You need A-list Supreme Court lawyers in charge. During the UPA regime Sibal and Khurshid were law ministers and Gopal was BCI chairman.

Others also have a role, i.e.

- Finance minister (Nirmala is useless)
- Supreme Court (only a few judges are genuinely interested)
- Attorney General KKV (leaving soon)
- Solicitor General Tushar (pathetic guy)
- ASGs Pinky Anand, V Banerjee and M Divan (all good but quiet)
- NLU students and alumni (no unity, NLSIU gang only lobbying for NLSIU)

And most of all PM (least interested).
Ek kaam kar. Ek PIL dalwa ke baaki saare law colleges ke diye hue LL.B degree radh karwa de. While you're at it, please also get a new constitution drafted for the country (only by NLS alumni). If that does not solve the issue, please also go ahead and have concentration camps set up for non-nlu lawyers.
Apparently, being an NLS alumnus elevates individuals to Finance Minister/Attorney General/SC Judge level of importance & responsibility.
Oh NLS overlords, thank you for saving the human race. Please also do something about COVID-19.
Iā€™m not a student of NLS but I love it when people are triggered when someone mentions NLS, it must be fun being at a NLS because people are so jealous that they hear the name and start panic-typing.
Issue notice to concerned Respondents. List this matter after 8 weeks.
Of all the necessary growth engines an economy requires, Judiciary is the most important and least efficient. This issue does not get the required attention and coverage!! We live in a lawless country
Peoples lives are more important......case adjourned by 5 months to november 15th
The attitude shown in comments is why India's 'slow paced' Judiciary won't improve.
To all NLU NLS NSSLIU NLASSAR Grads out there.

C'mon Guy's,

It's shameful that you troll and change every discussion into your 'Prestigious nlusus' rather than adding something meaningful.

Like, This discussion was not even about nlus or whatever. Its just a matter of public importance - Slower Judiciary. Can't believe that obsessed people like you have dragged this discussion to NLSLS, NJUSA etc. Almost anything related to Law immediately it's converted into an NLU debate. If you are tired after your so called hectic jobs, go and spam NLU stuff somewhere else.

No wonder everyone claims Government Investments in NLU's are more wasteful than spending it on a Fancy Statue. It produces entitled spammers who doesn't add any value anywhere.
Before you start trolling other institutions that you tried to get in and failed, you should at least learn to write their names properly.
It was mispelled for obvious reasons.

Don't make it into an NLU/Private discussion. The world doesn't revolve around NLU's.

So take your mean comments and take it to an another forum. Maybe your boss/client was angry at you. Go get some sleep.