Read 17 comments as:
Filter By
Since June is Pride month, we are trying to compile and feature some of the initiatives being undertaken by firms regarding the same:

1. CAM - LinkedIn page - Pride coloured DP; One LinkedIn post with quote- “We stand with pride”
Celebrating 3 core principles- inclusivity, diversity and equal rights.

2. SAM - LinkedIn page- Pride coloured DP with caption in DP “celebrating pride in diversity”
Instagram - Dedicated page on celebrating Diversity(seems they will have more upcoming posts)
Shared a Spotify #pride playlist on Instagram
LinkedIn & Insta - video compilation of messages from employees showing solidarity

3. Khaitan & Co. - LinkedIn Dp with a caption- #MatterOfPride

4. Luthra & Luthra - Nothing available publicly on LinkedIn

5. Trilegal - Coloured line in LinkedIn DP

6. JSA - Nothing available publicly on LinkedIn

7. AZB - Nothing available publicly on LinkedIn

8. Indus - LinkedIn DP change with colour pride background
Video of a partner discussing Diversity as part of WILDialogs (seems to be diversity initiative of Indus) but on a different LinkedIn page

Till now, SAM seems to have been the most vocal about Pride month. If we have missed out any other firms’ initiatives regarding Pride month which you believe needs to be highlighted, please let know in the comments.
"Diversity"- how ironic.

Tier I firms- 'we only accept application from NLUs.'

me: But you said your vouch for inclusivity and fair opportunitiy.

Tier I firms- yeah but that's just for social media, no? we have a colour picture and we put a post too.

I think there is a lot of bias even against a non-NLU kid. if we can't even go beyond this forget accepting and encouraging LGBTQ+ people to apply to a form with their own self idendity.

Tier I firms- but if we don't do it then we lose our foreign clients no? boo?
Apart from changing LOGO colors all of these law firms have done NOTHING for LGBTQ inclusion. No sensitisation, no policy changes, nothing. They’ve made PINKWASHING a norm. I work at one of these, openly the partners may fun of “gays” and yet come June the logo changes.
If this is true please name the Firm. You don't have to name the partners.
Can you please name the firm? I am currently in a top tier I law school and have been mostly openly queer. Im in the top ranks of my class, currently sitting for day zero interviews and may choose to do a corporate job in the future. Need to know how bad its going to be (to even entertain the possibility of coming out at workplace).
Haha pretty bad. Dont remain openly gay in lawfirms and chambers, that's all I can say.
Diversity tab manunga jis din caste ki at least charcha hogi. Tab tak yeh sab tamaasha hai sirf.
Hi @ok @JOKE @Guest

We understand your frustration, and while there are definitely a lot of things that need to change, we think these small steps should be highlighted and celebrated. Previously, there would be no such posts on these topics so it is good to see that some sort of discussion has been initiated at the management level of various firms.

Everyone knows change won’t happen overnight. Even the first wave of feminism wasn’t very inclusive, and was mainly restricted to cis-het white females, but it acted as a catalyst for the next waves of feminism. We hope these firm posts, even if these are simply PR exercises, will nudge other firms to start discussions around the same.

And yes, if anyone has any other information about other firms undertaking similar initiatives for Pride Month, please do share.
This response / stand doesn't make sense because the firms are not doing this to further inclusivity. They're doing this for PR points. Hence the valid objections pointing to no actual inclusivity being practised, LGBTQIA or otherwise. Let's not get started on the number of Muslim partners / senior professional in tier one firms (for example). I can already anticipate someone will now whatabout with oh but amarchands have 50% women partnership. The larger profession is also a conservative mire, it's not only law firm partners showing their true colours (not the rainbow colours lol).
With the level of hypocrisy they are showing.

I won't be surprised if any of them get an award even for having a 8 hour job and a relaxed-stress free workplace.
Copy of tactics adopted by foreign law firms ages ago, e.g. A & Out by Allen & Overy. Makes me 🙄🙄🙄🙄 and frankly 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮 because deep inside Indian law firms are corporate fascists.

https://www.allenovery.com/en-gb/global/news-and-insights/publications/aout-lgbt-matters
Are there any caste based discriminations also? Specially at the time of hiring. Do they check out clat ranks to figure out our caste and then decide on the candidature?
(I hardly see reserved category candidates in tier 1/2 law firms)
At best you will be tolerated.
What we need is acceptance and equal treatment.