Read 24 comments as:
Filter By
What's the fee of SLS-P?
How much food and accommodation would cost?
Are any scholarships available?
What's the placement scenario?
Median and Average salary?
How is it for litigation?
Tuition: 3,61,500.
Source: https://www.symlaw.ac.in/admission-process

The costs given below are approximate. YMMV.

Accomodation:
There are no hostels at SLS Pune.
You'll be living in Viman Nagar which is a pretty upscale area
It will cost you around 5-7k for PG and 12-15k for flats.
Flat costs can be brought down by roommates.

Food:
There are alot of homemade food mess in VN area for 3-4k.

Entertainment:
You'll go to a private school and not have any fun?
Assume 4-5k extra p.m. for entertainment.

15-20k for one month.

360k + 240k = 6 lakh p.a. (again, YMMV)
5-6 lakhs!? And we find Jindal to be a rich [...] college. At least Jindal offer generous scholarships
Actually, Jindal fees including hostels come to around 9 lpa, approximately 45 lakhs in 5 years.
add 1 lakh for the Balenciaga shoes without which you're not allowed inside the campus
Never understood the Jindal hate over here lol. Anyway, you're clearly missing the point. It's not a competition between the number before the 5 zeroes in the fee structure. If someone can afford 5-6 lakhs a year, they're definitely rich. I mean even affording 2 lpa at an NLU shows you're rich

I agree Jindal is way more overpriced but the hate is unjustified when those insulting are rich themselves (maybe not as rich, but rich nonetheless)
I always see this post by someone or the other that if you pay 2 LPA to NLU, you must be rich. But the thing is that even people who are not from very well off families can afford this 2 LPA just because banks are ready to fund almost the entire amount (barring some margin) for even the lower NLUs. So, this assumption that people in NLUs are rich as well is not true. Although, in case of Jindal or even SLS for that matter, if you want to study there your family needs to have very deep pocket, this is a must.
You're the one who is trying to pass off a piece of information as display of hatred. Maybe you should seek therapy.
Even some NLUs can cost around 4 lakhs that way. We’re fooling no one.
Just curious, which NLU costs 4 lakhs per year if you count the fee and hostel?
Comment 3 factored in the monthly cost of living too (15-20k per month) while coming to the 5-6 lakh per year figure. Also, in many NLUs, the mess fee is charged separately (which could easily be more than 20k per year).

SLS-P's tuition fee (as per the comment) is 3,61,000. NLSIU's total first-year (including mess) fee is 2,75,100. Add in 15k per month for 10 months and you are easily above 4 lakhs.

The differences in fee (though considerable) are not night and day, as many NLU students would want to believe.
NUSRL is one of the most expensive, but even that costs around 2.8 lpa including hostel.
Yeah the issue needs to be with why legal education is so expensive and inaccessible. I was told of a story where someone asked MP Singh how they can give CLAT when they dont have 4k for the application fee.
But we just enjoy seeing those in a honda city call out those in a BMW for their privilege while we dont recognize the actual issue of expensive education
Legal Education is not expensive. Go to a GLC or State College and you will pay almost next to nothing.

You kids are making it expensive by going to outrageously expensive NLU's and Private College's. Period.
Bhai most in house counsels I have seen in Mumbai are from GLC. They obviously dont earn as much as NLU grads as freshers but still seems like a good deal to me.
NLU Fees: 10L to 14L for 5 years.
Starting pay: 12L to 15L p.a

GLC Fees: 30k total for 5 years.
Starting pay: 6L to 7L p.a
TBH equal amount of GLC Mumbai and SLS-P get recruited in T1 firms.
Jindal provides 10* times more facilities/resources for slightly more money than SLS.
Pune offers everything at different ranges. Calibrate well and SLS P is a great place to soak it all in. Good for litigation. Makes u street smart or used to at least. Fair number of lit partners across tier 1 from sls p.

Good sports scene, clubbing and fests. Hell even kalacourt is sls p alumni πŸ˜‚