Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
I am a 2020 graduate looking to expand my knowledge on stock markets and increase my net worth. Can someone please recommend me a good show that I can watch to enhance my understanding assuming that I have zero knowledge about the same?
Hi my dude.

Frankly there are none. CNBC TV 18 is full of script readers. We used to have a news show called "the firm". that closed down.

Just read and listen to earnings calls. Nothing else.
As the comment above points out, most of the shows on the so-called business news networks are scripted.

You can however refer to many helpful YouTube videos and channels. Watch this video for an optimistic start: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrPT3_cIC4c

Then you can start following the channels which talk simply about managing finances in a fun language - Ankur Warikoo and Tanmay Bhat's channels are a good starting (not the best financial advice certainly, but ones you can watch both to relax and learn a bit). For a little more serious content, you can check out ET Money and Indian Investor.

Install the Moneycontrol app on your phone. It makes tracking stocks very easy. You can get all public information about a stock on it presented in a very lucid manner. The news articles are also good.

Finally, a tip: don't research too much. Studies have shown (and Warren Buffet has bet on it) that passive and consistent investors end up making more money in the stock market in the longer run than active traders who keep watching the news 24x7 and making adjustments. More than how much you invest and what you invest in, it's how long you invest for that matters.

Bonus: Read the book 'Psychology of Money'.
Yes Bank and DH were once the favorite stocks on CNBC look where they are now.
Best advise would be to research companies on your own and invest in them. Try understanding the Financials, quality of promoters/ directors (i.e whether the Company is managed by professionals or is it like a family business), increasing/ decreasing promoter holding, etc. This helped me earn some money in market. Nothing extraordinary but better than what I could have earned on FD.
Here everyone will enjoy Hasan and Tanmay talking finance.

https://fintech.tv/et-now-digital-assets-with-hasan-minhaj-tanmay-baht/

Also lot of noise out there.. just jump in with negligible amount learn for a year, and see it grow.

Also, remember the taxes and filings (especially on capital gain).