Read 13 comments as:
Filter By
NDA hardly goes for campus placements. They mostly hire freshers through PPOs, I reckon.

Could anyone explain the hiring process at NDA once internships are done? Also, how's the internship designed at the firm?
NDA is very selective when it comes to internships. Given that they don't have an policy of hiring from campus, internships are the only way to get hired (barring a few exceptions here and there).

You get interviewed basis the interest areas and get an internship with the same team with a leader level person allotted to you as your mentor. Your mentor will be your go-to person for everything right from work, expectations, processes, callbacks, review etc.

Perform well and then get recommended by your mentor and other persons with whom you have worked with for another stint. Getting a callback is really difficult. NDA hardly takes more than 20 interns for all offices in a particular month. In a calendar year, you will only see handful of them getting a second internship (top 15% percentile is what the hiring policy mentions).

Once you get the second internship which is generally with the same team, chances are decent that you are being considered for recruitment given that the team sizes are very small (usually 7-10) so everyone knows who is working on what matters.

Perform well without being complacent and subject to the requirements of the team, you will be recommended for an interview. Well, there are three rounds of interviews before you finally get an offer letter. Expect the interviews to be very conceptual and technical.
Thanks. I have the first internship offer with me.

What's the kind of work I could expect? I'm guessing it would be research-based, primarily?
HI I have an internship interview- is it also technical and conceptual?
Very good internship experience at the Mumbai office. You work well and impress, there is no way you are left disappointed. But, the areas of law they deal with are hyper technical and transitioning from such areas is not easy.
Great. What happens after the internship? How does call back and PPO work out there?

Procedure must be different from other traditional law firms?
To get hired at the fresher level at NDA, you need to intern with them twice.

Make a good impression during your first internship and ask the team if they liked your work, how you can improve etc during the entire time you are there.

During your last week, be upfront about it and don't beat around the bush and ask your chances of getting recruited and if they liked your work. If they give you a positive response, intern with them one more time to get a PPO.
Even if you are not exceptional your chances of getting recruited are higher if you have a frank conversation about job opportunities at the firm than you being exceptional and sitting passively hoping folks at the firm to notice your work and then offer you a position.