Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
Just trying to understand why there is such high attrition in Tier-1 law firms?
Also, if someone is leaving one tier-1 firm for another. Isn't the work culture the same since all of these law firms are highly competitive?

If you could just share the top 3-5 reasons why you left your previous law firm. Maybe that could help build some perspective among us future lawyers. Thank you.
Team/boss. While the hours are brutal pretty much everywhere, some bosses can be particularly bad. To be specific, Associate attrition can be attributed to PA-attitudes largely. While we all chased practice area/deal tables, those things don't really matter till you're at that level - partner/equity. Till then, we should have been chasing good people to be our bosses.
I was overworked! No amount of money is adequate compensation for missing out on real life experiences and relationships.
Did you shift to a tier 2 law firm? Has the experience been different. Please shed some light. On the verge of burnout here. :(
Yes, I did. It was much better, people were more humane. There were fewer egos to manage. It meant that all I had to do was focus on finishing their work as soon as possible to head out of the office and enjoy other pursuits. I may have been lucky though, my office turned out well. Not sure how other tier - II firms are.
Curious to know if you are from a corp team and do transactions? I have heard that corp teams in most of the places are same in terms of workload and work pressure.