Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
Any stress management tips during WFH? I know most people talk about resorting to a hobby - like music or art or cooking. But what if I do not have any hobbies? What can I do to make myself feel better working 12 hours a day with no life outside the house?
You regularly get free within twelve hours? Then you have time to do a lot in the night or morning. Consider exercising a bit.
I spiralled down to smoking regularly (not smoking up because it's difficult to score given the curfew), messing up my sleep pattern (now it ranges from zero sleep for two days to 14 hour straight with 10 missed calls from office & clients), and generally resenting everything.

The thread asked for tips to deal with stress. This is one of the ways. It's a bad way, I know. But it's the only one I know, so far.
Please give it a lot of thought (and perhaps advice from pet parents) before you adopt one - once things return to normal, you may not have time to care for it. Remember, it will depend entirely on you for its happiness and its survival. Please don't be callous with another living being to get rid of your ennui.
Do corporate lawyers who live alone have time for pets if they’ll be out if the house for 16 hours? Isn’t it detrimental for the health of the pet also?
WFH is difficult with work pressure and home work (if you don't have help). Have a frank discussion with your team and fix a fixed time (night or day) where you are most effective and convince it is better for deliverables to work those hours (ofcourse you have to attend to client calls if work demands, but the chunk of actual deliverables should be done during your effective hours). Request for avoiding a video conferencing free day during middle of week (unless client demands) to concentrate on work. Try to get atleast 1.5 days of the weekend.

How to deal with stress - Start a 15 minute meditation before you work esp if you cannot workout. Order your comfort food to give yourself a treat at end of the day - wine, ice cream, sweets, whatever your poison is. The biggest problem i see with my colleagues is the distraction by social networking and OTT platforms. You guys have to get the willpower to avoid it for few hours.

Considering everyone is working from home your seniors, your juniors and your clients are all in the same or similar boat as you. So be patient if tempers flare up. Be kind and be mature about stuff.