Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
I'm due to intern at AZB, Delhi. Many say it's the team that matters and not the firm. Which team at AZB, Delhi would be the best considering the following factors:

1. Volume of work provided to interns;
2. Good work culture - Understanding Partners and Associates;
3. Scope of call-backs and PPOs.

Thanks!
I'm a bit confused.
How did you get an internship without specifying which team you're interested to work with?
@3 - I have specified my interest but more often than not HR's place you in any team subject to the requirement of the teams. That's where the catch lies.
I interned twice at AZB Noida with Vinati Kastia's M&A team. I highly recommend interning with this team, great people and decent work.

General advice: An internship at this firm can be described as chaotic at best. From my understanding, almost all internships are via contact (so was mine the first time). There is NO GUARANTEE the person who got you the internship is the person's team with which you will work. There is no HR at the firm, if you join in the first week of the month, there is an orientation of sorts in which you are told the superficial expectations from an intern and are then allotted a mentor (this is a recent practice). However, you are allotted to the mentor and not the team. The team has no idea you exist, and the mentor (depending on the individual) will/will not care about you.

I'd say, figure out a team within the first few days and endeavour to work only with them or its pointless (assuming you want a job).
Continuing from previous comment, to answer queries specifically:

1. Depends entirely on the transaction going on. I was staffed on a massive DD, but I know others who interned after me who did not have much work, because a big transaction wasn't going on at the time.

2. This team has really nice people, super helpful. Always approach the senior people as a rule, since their feedback will matter more. Generally, Partners don't interact with interns directly. If you are lucky enough to do so, make the most out of it they can get you an interview if they like you.

3. Getting a callback is tough logistically, because there's no HR and therefore no centralised system processing therefore this will in effect be a contact internship as far as means go. The date of your internship depends on the person pushing for it. Example: Jan & Dec are the months with most internship applications, therefore if a Partner pushes for a callback then you have more chances than if an SA/Associate pushes for it in the same time. There is no preference for callbacks as such. Coming to the PPO, they typically only give it in 5th year as they don't know their hiring requirements so far in advance, although there have been exceptions. Again, since there is no HR, it is incumbent upon you to be in constant touch with your team to ask about this, and if you know there's a vacancy and they like you they will call you for an interview. However you have to keep asking about it, building a good rapport with your team members is critical especially at AZB Noida since there's no HR and your callback and PPO interview is dependant on the team taking out time and actively pushing for both.

Good luck!
Hey! Is there a scope of converting the call-back internship with this team into a PPO opportunity?
Hey, can we connect. I interned there as well and want to know how to secure a callback