Read 91 comments as:
Filter By
Let's be honest - We are all concerned about the Job Market right now. We want to know how many PPOs the 2017-22 batches from NLUs have scored? How is it compared to the previous batches?
I can tell you that the figures are bad for all NLUs, tier 1 or otherwise and you will get nothing but lies here. Last time a similar question was asked here, people (I am assuming students from junior batches) posted such high numbers that I freaked out and ended up calling my 2022 batch friends in tier 1 NLUs other than my own to confirm. My friends, like me, freaked out when they saw the numbers being claimed from their own law schools.

So yeah, take whatever you see here with a huge grain of salt.
Can't TTA find higher ranked NLUs to hire from? I thought it was supposed to be selective in its choice.
GNLU students are doing really good. Infact, there are only 2 students I have come across who have been offerred Callback by CAM for 2017 batch and 1 is for sure from GNLU. GNLU kids already have 5 PPOs. Whereas if you look at NLUJ figures, they have just 2 Big law PPOs. NUJS has 3/4. NLS has just 2.
Numbers are great but touchstone isnt Tier 1 law firm. Neither does it pay great
Touchstone has offered 16 to a student in nluj, relying on the students testimony
Will Kian do a ranking if NLSIU refuses to release figures? Can't figures be obtained through backchannel sources?
Bro or sis, there are 700-800 lawyers with every big firm today. Why name any kid with a PPO lol.🤣
So far, hardly 2/3 PPOs in NLUJ, 2 from NLIU but a few more in NUJS (I think 7/8). Do you think these numbers are equal to pre pandemic level. For 2020 batch there were around 30 PPOs and this time around 2.

Know before you speak. Please dont spread false information here.

2017 batch students are sufferring and you are claim arrogantly that everything is same.
Hi, I know everyone's stressed right now, but networking has never been more important. Your cv and college is not going to do you any favours in this market (I speak as someone who graduated from a "top 10"). You have to go out there and put yourself in front. Cheers
Yes, this is the clarification I wanted. I have heard there's a hiring freeze, however Partners are joining in. Does it mean the freeze is only for associates? That cannot be. Some genuine inputs will be helpful.
Thank you for responding. However, does that mean L&L isn't hiring anyone from 2022 batch now. What do I do with my call back now? 🥲
Yes, they aren't hiring anyone for now. I have a few friends who did the callback internship but didn't get a PPO. I would still recommend you do the internship just for CV purposes and the stipend if nothing else.
What stipend L&L didn't pay me anything for the first internship as well. I thought it's because of the pandemic or may be because it's the Mumbai office.
Bro/sis, I interned with the Mumbai office during the pandemic and they gave me 10k. Ask for your stipend. Don't do unpaid labor.
Yes L&L is very unethical that way. They pay stipend only when asked.
What MNLU is this? (I'm guessing and hopeful it's the Mumbai one)
Also, this is for the 2022 batch, right?
NUALS has 5 afaik
3 got into CAM and 2 into some law firm named Koden Boriss.
You're telling me that CAM, which hasn't offered internships for more than an year (unless you have contacts) and offered a single PPO to any tier 1 NLU has offered 3 PPOs to NUALS?
It's actually true. One got it at CAM Bangalore's disputes practice, another got it in CAM Chennai. There are more... One in KCO's Bangalore office, one in LKS' Kochi office and 2 in Wadia Ghandy's Mumbai office, if anyone wants to believe it. NUALS has a great PPO record every year but sucks at PR
1 person from NUALS also got into Argus Partners Bangalore and 2 got into Spice Route Legal
Yes, you got it right. Those law school bullies have kidnapped Kian's pet kiang at the behest of Manan Mishra, and are forcing a gag on his exposes.
JGLS has 9 PPOs so far, and in a first; one very special MNC has recruited a law fresher from JGLS. I won’t disclose the name I want it to come as a surprise when Kian covers it.
LI cannot do the placement comparison and ranking till NLSIU releases figures, so Kian's hands are tied.
36-24-36. That's the number of law firm placements, litigation, and other career choices respectively.
You wait for MNLU. Location advantage will make it a top 3 NLU in future.
Record-breaking. Just wait till 31st, you'll be gobsmacked of the day 0 and 1 numbers. As usual, smaller batch size, still NLS leading the way.
Congrats and thanks to NLS RCC for stellar efforts.
NLSIU has not been leading any way in domestic law firm recruitment for years now. Wishful thinking much?
Looks like you haven't read the thread of the PPOs and DAY Z numbers. Wishful ignorance, ig!
I did. First of all, I do not rely on anonymous claims, but only the official stats provided by the placement committee. Secondly, it is not leading anything. Other NLUs have provided greater absolute number and batch percentage of jobs over the last few years.
The fact that you use "absolute numbers" speaks volumes about how you view the placement metric. As far as relative numbers are concerned, go ahead and mention the relative placement numbers of these other nlus you are talking about. Don't just throw shit in air.
Why don't you do it first? The relative number for most top NLUs have been mentioned in LI plenty of times over the years. I am not going to do your research for you. NLUs don't need to prove their placement scene to anyone, Jindal obviously does. Especially when they have been called out on their false representations earlier. People still remember that official website post with newspaper report claiming Jindal has had the best law school recruitment stats. On being called out and mocked, it magically got changed to among private law schools overnight. Don't become the boy crying wolf.
GNLU has 11 PPOs now. (4 KCO, 3 CAM, 2 TTA, 1 S&R, 1 IndusLaw)

GNLU rankings:
"I believe I can fly,
I believe I can touch the sky.
I think about it every night and day,
Spread my wings and fly away"
What is happening at GNLU! How has it drastically turned around its reputation in a couple of years?..?
Not that drastically. It has been averaging 7-8 PPOs for the past several years.
okay .. my bad. I don't have insider info on GNLU, just that LI comments about it used to be highly toxic until a few years back when I was writing CLAT but seems to have changed now
Last batch despite covid had 20+ PPOs in GNLU and the batch bwfire that had around 30 PPO. Its avaliable on Linkedin. You may check the data.
Linkedin data is not a reliable source. Why doesn't their placement committee reveal official stats after the batch has graduated?
NLUJ has 3 CAM, 4 KCO, 1 Trilegal, 1 L&L, 3 Indus, Touchstone, JSA; so about 12. Could be more not known yet.