Read 63 comments as:
Filter By
There is that stand up comic from RML. Had a couple of killer sets of YT. Not seen him in person, so can't much.
Bassi. A couple batches above me but its super weird watching his standup about hostel life which I too experienced, that millions of people seem to relate to. His humor is personally not my cup of tea but I've met loads of people from all over that LOVE him.
Is it true that Bassi had an FIR filed against him for allegedly ragging and being abusive towards an SC student?

Source: https://www.theindiapost.com/nation/uttar-pradesh/ragging-abuse-sc-students-rml-national-law-university-lucknow/

(Not sure how credible, which is precisely why this is posed as a question)
Lawyers nowadays do not think about being employers. Every one ends up being an employee of someone. Perhaps, this is an inbuilt downside in the profession. Hence, the question of salaries everywhere. Too sad !
There is one NUJS LLB grad who acted in the role of Rishi Kapoor's son in the movie Do Dooni Chaar. That was before he had joined law school though. There is another NUJS LLB grad who is part of a production house in Bollywood as an assistant director. There is an LLM grad who acts in Bengali TV shows and movies in Tollywood.
The NUJS do dooni char guy is Archit Krishna... now trying his hand at bollywood since 2017....has appeared in a few things
Supermodel Joey Mathews (a girl) is an NLSIU grad and hosted a cooking show on TV.
Happy to accept. Just saw something online so thought I'll post it here.
A prominent hindi tv (done a few big banner movies as well) child actress is studying at nalsar now. Named not disclosed for privacy reasons.
There is one guy who in my second year was a trainee under assistant director at YRF, also, he I might get launched in upcoming 4-5 years as he said to me.
Not from NLU but JGLS grad here. Not an actor but one of my batchmate is an Asst Director now and has worked on a couple of big movies too. Another batchmate had a short appearance in a Ranveer Singh movie.
A Symbi Pune grad is a fairly successful model and actress in the South. Pragya Jaiswal.
What is the definition of success ? Mere acting does not mean success. By the way, her first movie was a treat to watch.
Getting to do mainstream movies will generally be considered successful in a question about movies, series etc
Kareena Kapoor was a student at GLC. Didn't graduate though.

Priyanka Khimani, another GLC alum who runs her own firm now, was a writer in the film and television industry.
Just read that Nidhi Bisht (TVF fame) was a lawyer. She graduated from Jamia, worked at Singh and Singh Associates for a year, practiced in Delhi HC and works with the extremely successful TVF group (Aspirants being their latest hit series) Sheā€™s apparently the only non IIT grad in that group.
Vasuki Sunkavalli LLB Symbi 2006, LLM NYU 2010: Miss India and actress. Now married to billionaire Atul "Mickey" Punj of Punj Lloyd, BCom SRCC 1979 batch, and goes by the name Vasuki Punj.

34-year-old marrying a 62-year-old, and my therapist thinks I have daddy-issues because I try to impress my senior with my work. :/

On a totally different note, does Mr Punj have any brother who's still on the matrimonial market?
Just a heads up, Punj Lloyd is currently undergoing insolvency proceedings. You might want stick with impressing your senior for now.
@Mata Hari: If you are looking for older rich men under 50, Rahul Gandhi and Ness Wadia are still single. Among over 50s, Ratan Tata.
Reported this comment. The PM did not give up on anyone. It was a child marriage that was not consummated.Stop playing dirty politics.
Aww... Did it hurt your patriarchal ego? Did the guy get a formal annulment/divorce after having come of age? Is he paying maintenance otherwise? Also, how do you know whether the marriage had been consummated? Were you attending their sangeet? Or are you putting your faith in someone who can't even show the proof of his educational qualifications, but lectures students about how to study and give exams? The truth hurts Bhakts.
Yami Gautam was a law student at Punjab Univ but dropped out. IMO she's the most naturally beautiful actress in Bollywood.
The pressure and heavy curriculum at NLUs makes it difficult to do part-time acting and modelling, so most actors and models are from Symbi, GLC, Amity etc. In fact NLUs should actually reduce the syllabus and allow students to pursue part-time work, especially as there is now a jobs crunch and NLU grads should look at non-law careers.
NLU VCs are the best actors, since they make filmsy excuses for non-performance and the gullible students believe it without questioning. It takes a special talent to do that.
Not from NLU but there are a couple of them from JGLS, Bhumi Padnekarā€™s sister Sameeksha padnekar who is soon going to star in web series is from JGLS. Thereā€™s this son of a huge bollywood actor whom I wouldnā€™t name to maintain privacy of his identity who is in 4th year now and told me that he might co star in a KJO movie in his 5th year.

Also just a fact - Kareena Kapoor studied for a year at GLC Mumbai

Also there was this one girl in NALSAR and she was pretty famous in NALSAR, she had starred alongside Amitabh Bachhan as a child actor in the movie Cheeni kum, I met her in International Maritime
Law Arbitration Moot in 2017. Her name was Swini Khara.

So yeah
Nobody mentioned Malavika, an NLSIU graduate from 1990s who acted in several tamil movies and serials. Fantastic actor. Ofcourse I forgot, as with everything, India here means everything above Vindhyas.
Others south of Vindhayas have been mentioned above. Maybe none of us knew about this person from the 90s. You did, and you mentioned her. And now we know.

Why unnecessarily berate us for being anti - South Indian.
Bhumi's sister Samiksha is with CAM now and will join movies like her sister. But she actually comes from a political family. Her dad is a former minister from Haryana.
How does an A2 at CAM have so much free time to have such a badass instagram handle? Or are such influential hires given less work?
Her dad was with the Congress, and was the Home Minister and Labour Minister of Maharashtra. Died due to oral cancer; had a nicotine addiction.
What I concluded from the discussion that nlu or law didn't destroyed their natural talent .Quite amazing!
These are just the exceptions, Iā€™m afraid. NLUs (especially mid-low ones) are black holes for any creativity.
Sadly, 18.1 is true. But i also depends on the location. An NLU in a big city offers more chances.
There are at least three NUALS LLB grads who have acted in movies: Apoorva Bose, Muthumani, and Wafa Khatheeja.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muthumani
https://www.instagram.com/apoorvabose07/?hl=en
https://www.instagram.com/wafakhatheeja/?hl=en

There is also this recent grad who's an aspiring filmmaker. His name's Rishi Joy and apparently, he'd won an award for a short film last year.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm9548599/
Malvika Avinash is not from NLSIU but Bengaluru University. Amazing how confidently people bullshit here!
Adya Niraj: NLU Ranchi and IIM Ahmedabad. Winner of Femina Miss Kolkata and Miss India finalist. Beauty with brain. Getting into IIMA is super tough.
Not when you are a woman lawyer (that's a 200 out of 100 on diversity). Heck, lawyers get interviews at IIM ABC with a 95 percentile.
Some examples from Hollywood. Shows that you should chase your dreams!

- Gemma Chan, LLB Oxford
- Gerard Butler, LLB Glasgow
- Rebel Wilson, LLB UNSW, Sydney
Kian, how come you never profile such people and only focus on law firm partners? High time you diversified the content on LI.
There are many girls in my college who are tall, slim and pretty. They can easily be actresses if given a chance and with professional grooming. Many of the actresses you see on screen are actually very average looking. They just have tons of make up on, wear designer clothes and use filters on Instagram. They get roles only because they have money and contacts.
Left out a little bit of something called acting talent, didn't you? Happens when all you watch movies for is to ogle the women featuring in it.
Of course. The likes of Shah, Siddiqui, Rao, Khurana, Balan, Apte, Padukone, are just hacks who are earning because of their looks.
A 13-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 40-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.