Read 20 comments as:
Filter By
Heard Umakanth V. became a CAM Partner in 5 years? How? Was it normal during his time? Has anyone else beaten his record at a Tier 1?
If it was, he would've corrected it in this interview (https://superlawyer.in/umakanth-varottil-assistant-professor-national-university-singapore-ex-amarchand-partner-choosing-academics-corporate-practice/) where he was asked
Quote:
You must have been very young as a partner. As a law student, it’s very difficult to imagine joining the ranks of a partner in just 5-6 years of work. What all does it take to become a partner?
A senior of mine was given an offer that he would make a partner in 6 years when he tried to quit after 5 years. He didn't stay though, and started his own practice. This was back in 2009, so the erstwhile AMSS.
The founders of Trilegal became partners in 0 years, so they hold the record :)
Elon Musk wasn't an overachiever when he was born. Modiji wasn't a chaiwala when he was born. Trilegal wasn't tier 1 when it started.
What Chronology Samajhiye ne samjhaya but also useful to add that most of them worked for a few years before starting. For eg. Matthan graduated in 94, worked at Dua Associates and Trilegal started in 2000.
A 9-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
This is also a record/noteworthy one.

Remember Former Delhi Metropolitan Magistrate Judge. Bharat Chugh?

After graduation from Law School, he became a Judicial Services Officer, in 4 years quit the job and Joined L&L as a Counsel. Became a Partner in 2 years (probably at his late 20's) after joining the law firm. Left the firm to become an Independent Litigator recently.
What's the take away - one can't expect him to stick to a task for too long?
It dawned on him that he can stand out even sans the tag of a law firm and that too, within two years. Hats off to his confidence.
A number of children of Managing Partners will make it to this list, I reckon !
I know of a partner that can sprint 100 meters in 20 seconds or something, don't know if that is fast enough for you.
Wasn't he a partner at AMSS? It's not realistic to compare partners of then with today.
A 17-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 18-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.