Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
Title says it all. Any help will be appreciated. Focus on firms working across transactional and advisory practice areas.
Nope. Everything's rigged and all without contacts are bound to be jobless for ever and ever.
Can someone please explain why I have been downvoted for asking a genuine question?
Within tier 1,2 or 3 sphere, I haven't seen people getting in solely on contacts. Nobody wants to work with a useless resource, especially in 15-20 team (the new boutique law firms). Honestly, outside litigation and family run firms, especially with first gen - contacts don't work. You also want to work with ethically right professionals, they won't value contact.

Law firms obviously also get hit with 100s of applications, so good idea for your college to get in touch and set up a relationship. If you apply solo, good idea to put your best foot forward and make an impression. Give them proofs that you can - communicate well, research well, know the practice area well and can network. Don't for a second believe it's contacts that get you places, (they do, but only once you are in the mould and only to develop clientele)

All the best. I am a fairly successful, average law school's average kid, who hustled.
Not really, they are sleeping on internship applications for the last 3 months. neither they reply nor any communication from their side.
Not all firms can afford to hire interns based on contacts- look out for those firms