Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
Featuring the below a special Harvard publishing project (thanks to a reader for sharing) about how to build resilience during Covid and how to better deal with all the horrible things happening around us at the moment, at home, in workplaces and the entire country. It includes advice on things probably everyone has felt over the course of the pandemic, and probably especially more so in recent weeks.

If anyone has any links to articles or advice or thinking that has cheered them up or managed to make their or someone else's life even a little bit better, please share this below.

And if you are facing any particular difficulties and feel like it seems there is no one to talk to about these, please feel free to share these anonymously and perhaps someone is in a similar situation or can offer a valuable perspective.

This comment thread will of course be strictly moderated.

Quote:
India is facing an unprecedented health crisis with the resurgence of COVID-19. As a professional community, we are united both in our sorrow and our determination to persevere. To help support and guide you through these challenging times, we at Harvard Business Publishing have created a resources page which is open for everyone in India.
Quote:
As we grieve and persevere collectively, hopefully these resources will help you deal with grief, build resilience, manage anxiety, and care of yourself and others during these times of acute adversity.
https://www.harvardbusiness.org/resilience-resources
Read novels on Google Play books, start journal or a blog, practice yoga and meditation ( most beneficial during such crisis) , learn coding or a new language . These things will surely get you going during hard times.
Honestly, quit your law firm job as that causes stress in the first place.
Find (and try to maintain) a switch off time. I know - your bosses and seniors will throw a fit and give you a look as if you were convicted under 375 IPC. Your team will act as Tier 1 A-holes. But understand, better to be shameless and switch off, than lose your mind eventually. It will be shitty in the start, the first time you do this. But then just keep doing it more often. You will hear mean things - that the team is looking for replacement, you no longer have the fire. Just ignore. Cant keep everyone happy.
I lost my father to Covid a month back, and work for one of the Tier 1 law firms. There is still a lot of terrible news everyday, of someone succumbing to Covid. I'm still unable to go back to work, thinking how will I face my team without a breakdown. Please help.
We are so sorry for your loss, that must be a very difficult situation to be in.

First of all, take what time and mindspace you need, don't get pressured at this time into returning to work until you feel ready and more prepared, your mental well-being is more important (however, in some cases getting back into a gentle work routine or some sense of normality can also be helpful for people to process and distract themselves from the everything).

The above link also contains some useful blogs on how to cope with grief ( https://www.harvardbusiness.org/grief-and-resilience-support-amid-the-covid-19-resurgence/ ), also on how to return to work ( https://hbr.org/2017/04/returning-to-work-when-youre-grieving ).

But everyone deals with grief differently and a lot will depend on external circumstances (which are obviously not easy right now).

In your case, would you say that your firm being at all accommodating and understanding and is there someone in a position authority with whom you feel you can be somewhat open about how you're feeling?

Also, have you considered seeing a professional grief counsellor or a therapist? It might sometimes help to be able to talk about how you feel to anyone, especially someone who's not your immediate family or professional environment.

Lots of love from LI, hope you begin to look up and forward soon.